Hangzhou Expat
Sign in to follow this  
L.G.

AbeBooks.com

I am taking some classes online from a US college while I am out here. I've been searching and searching for the Ebook version of my textbooks, with no luck. I checked this site, which I've used before, and got my two textbooks brand new, including shipping here to Hangzhou for $129 US. These books were $80 each minimum at any other site.

I'll let you know if I encounter any issues, but I looked through their selection of books and it seems like a good alternative for anyone looking for English books that you might not be able to find out here.

I have used Abebooks before in similar circumstances. The book that I wanted was $150 elsewhere new (and I couldn't go through Amazon marketplace as they block China as a location). I contacted a marketplace vendor who told me to use Abebooks and buy it through them instead.

Obviously Abebooks is purely a marketplace so your experience depends on the vendor you're dealing with more than abe themselves.

Got the two books today, which is at least a week quicker than I was anticipating. Great quality, no issues