Amybonita

I want indian food!

31 posts in this topic

Is there any inidan restaurants in hangzhou area, near westlake? I can only have korma but i would love to eat some indian food! If anyone knows that would be great!!

Looking for a job ? The job is looking for you too !  Please UPLOAD/BUILD your resume first → HERE.

Hello!

There is a restaurant in Binjiang called "Splash" that has Indian on their menu. They even have burritos if you're craving Mexican...I have eaten there once and got a vegetable curry and it was really good. I've been told that there is an authentic Indian restaurant across the street that is amazing (run by an Indian family), but they are expensive and rather slow with service. Maybe you'd want to check it out?

I'm not sure of the name of the Indian restaurant, but the other is called "Splash," and it's on 南环路 (Nan Huan Road)...Not sure of the address, but it's in Binjiang. You can find the Indian restaurant across the street.

Hope that helps!

Ryan

besides the 3 listed on MoreHangzhou

1. Curry Bisto 澄江咖喱馆

located in the west of the city

Address: 8 WanTang Road 万塘路8号(near the intersection to WenYi Road)

2. The Oriental 婆逻湾亚洲餐厅

in the city center

Address: 2/F Ladisson Hotel, 333 TiYuChang Road 体育场路333号雷迪森广场酒店2楼

3. Curry House 咖喱满屋

in Xiasha

Address: 1211 XueLin Street学林街1211号

Just because the restaurant serves curry does not mean it's an Indian restaurant

As mentioned, the area of Nanshan Rd near Wansonglin is Hangzhou's "Little Delhi"

Thank you for getting a zombie back to life... this was dead for 3 years :P

​And you just couldn't ignore it, could you? :booo: you're almost as bad!

That being said, there's that Indian place on Gudun that does the buffet on Saturdays. Never going back. The food was bland, mediocre and the service was crap, even for Chinese standards.

There's a new place up by the canal, just off MoGanshan lu - Changkede.

Food not too bad (but I didn't try a lot, so I'll reserve a larger judgement), service not too bad - but it's a very small place (barely the size of my living room), so it would be hard to get bad service. Food was cooked fairly quickly. If you like watching Indian MTV, it's definitely the place to go... with 4 large TVs displaying the very best (or was it worst??) of Indian pop music. It's also got an array of cricket photos -and not just the Indian team!

This is the favourite Indian restaurant of my friend, who recommended it to me. It doesn't beat what I've had in SH or NJ.. but does beat the Gudun Lu place, and again, I'll reserve a comparison to the Nanshan Lu place...

​That necro-poster looks like it's just a promo!!!

I was just about to recommend my favourite place "Chak De", and being British I'm a massive Indian food fan. It's the same place sainthood is talking about, only with the correct name...

It's a nice place, just don't go if you're in a rush, can take some time to get the food to you.

That being said, there's that Indian place on Gudun that does the buffet on Saturdays. Never going back. The food was bland, mediocre and the service was crap, even for Chinese standards.

I... Could  ...not 

Bland? I hope you're not talking about the korma 

Hello!

Are there any Indian restaurants in Xiasha?¿

I am not sure if the one in xuelin jie is still open... the post is from 2012! :p

Thank you very much!

Oh, this is back again..

Firstly, the place on Gudun lu is gone.... :sad:I did try it again after my previous comments, and the food (and buffet, when they introduced it) weren't half bad! The owner said he was going to re-open elsewhere, but I haven't heard anything.

Although this won't be overly helpful, there are MUCH better Indian restaurants outside of HZ. Nanjing has a couple of very nice restaurants called Taj Mahal.  Wenzhou has one or two very nice Indian restaurants as well!I know, not local... but if you're doing some travelling and sightseeing, the option is there!

There is a good placed called Chak De Cricket Restaurant. Their wechat account is: chakdehz. There address is No 202, Xinyifang Business Street, Gongshu District. 

1 hour ago, BigMac said:

I've heard YIWU has a nice selection of Indian restaurants.

And middle eastern...

Maybe we should organise an eating binge out that way sometime!

19 hours ago, sainthood said:

And middle eastern...

Maybe we should organise an eating binge out that way sometime!

I miss humus...

On 10/1/2016 at 2:47 PM, unclemax said:

I miss humus...

Sorry to deviate from the topic but is there a grocery store that regularly stocks humus?

On 10/4/2016 at 9:18 PM, reece said:

Sorry to deviate from the topic but is there a grocery store that regularly stocks humus?

The ingredients to easily make hummus are easy to find -- sesame seeds lightly roasted and blended (aka tahini), with garlic and garbanzo beans and whatever cool things you want to add.