Hangzhou Expat
Sign in to follow this  
PChoice

Gouzhuang industrial park, yuhan district

Question

Hello Hangzhou  !

I have been offered a job in Yuhan Disctrict, more specifically in Gouzhuang industrial park.

It is very far from the West lake,  which I understand is where all the action (nightlife) is taking place. It is situated here : 

https://maps.google.fr/maps?q=Jiuqugang+lu,+hangzhou&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=fr&sa=N&tab=wl

Does anyone work around there, or has any idea of much time it would take to commute to work if I chose to live close to the West lake (let's say Wulin square tube station for example, that would be 12km). Would it be very bad at rush hours ?

If we don't consider the time to walk to bus stop and wait for the bus, is driving or taking a cab much faster than the bus in Hangzhou ? 

Google maps tells me  about 25 min by car, but 1H20 to 1H40 min by bus (door to door).

if I chose to live around Gouzhuang, what would be a good place ? Is there a lot happening there at night ? from what I have seen all the action seems to be happening near the lake...

Any experience or thoughts about that are welcome. And hopefully see you soon in Hangzhou !

3 answers to this question

I think even 50 minutes is not enough to commute from Wulin square to Gouzhuang during rush hour.

you can live at Sandun 三墩 where is a very big residential area, and has been developed for many years, so you can find almost any necessary living facilities there, btw, there is a Metro supermarket.

Gouzhuang is not a good place to live. 

I would not want to commute further than Sandun / Zhejiang University Zijingang campus, or Grand Canal Square / Lishui Rd.