Hangzhou Expat
Hannah

PEOPLE OF XIASHA UNITE!!

Hey!

I and my friend live in Xiasha and really want to go out this weekend. Is there anyone out there from Xiasha who would want to go out with us, and maybe share the taxi ride back? We're both really laid-back and are eager to meet new people, especially from Xiasha! Let us know if you'd be interested!

-Hannah

• Upvote 1

Wow, thanks for the reply!  What is the event?  I saw it and was definitely curious, but haven't checked it out yet.  If it's fun and others are going, yeah, I think my friend and I would be up for it!

The top secret event *whispers* is KTV :mrgreen: it's taking place on saturday...i think :?:  If you're interested i'll try and find out the details for ya :razz:  I'm going to be taking the metro most of the way there, then cheap little taxi ride.....and then taxi home at the end of the night :thumbup:

Okay, I talked to the person in charge of "the event" (it's starting to sound like a coup d'état or something), and my friend and I are going to go!  Yeah, we're thinking metro then taxi, too.  Maybe we can all go there together?

Hello, all! I would also love to unite, though I missed the event. I have just moved here to teach at Zhejiang Gongshang Univsersity and I have enjoyed it here so far. I have noticed that there are precious few English speakers around, though I have met a couple of good people here. I would love to have a few more buddies on this side of town, so let me know if any of you want to meet up or if there's another event coming soon. 

-Joel

Hey!  I was actually going to ask if any of you Xiasha people would be interested in meeting up for dinner or something.  My friend and I had fun going more downtown, but are definitely keen to meet people closer to home.  Are you busy?  I teach a lot of postgrads this year, so have a lot of free time right now, since they don't start up until next week. 

-Hannah

Hey, glad to hear back from people! I start teaching classes tomorrow, but I'm free tonight and after about 5 the rest of this week, except Tuesday when I have a late class. Name the time and the place, and I'll be there. I live out by the river, at one of the guesthouses at Zhejiang Gongshang University, but would certainly be willing to bus or cab somewhere.

I live by the big ol' Wumart, too!  My friend and I live in the same apartment complex.  Well, Thursday or Friday evening are both fine!  I'll message you my phone number, since that might be easier than checking this thread...

I always enjoy a good pizza, and could definitely go there, but I've been there a couple of times already so I wouldn't mind trying out something different if there are other good options in the area that someone knows of. 

Sorry I haven't been on in a while.  There are definitely some good options around the Wumart area.  We could always just meet at Wumart and decide from there.  I know a good place nearby that has excellent dumplings!  Also, my friend is Chinese, so she may have some good ideas, too.  :)  Friday is definitely good!

• Upvote 1

Okay, and my friend also has work until maybe 5-5:30, so do you think meeting around 6:30 would be too late for dinner?  I have no regular eating habits since coming to China, so it's all fine with me.  Along with the dumpling place (which is also a bit more fast-foody I guess) there's a more sit-down Chinese restaurant that has the best tofu I've had in Hangzhou so far, though that's more of a walk from Wumart.  Not too far, but it's not within eyesight anyway.  How many people is it?  5?

Okay, 6:30 we'll meet and see what everyone is feeling.  Also, I met some other Xiasha expats the other night!  Sort of pulled a Chinese "omg laowai" when I heard English, hope they weren't freaked out...