Hangzhou Expat
djohnson

Looking for rock climbing people in Hangzhou....!

I recently moved to Fuyang (about 30km West of Hangzhou) and will be here for the next couple of years.

I'm a pretty keen climber and am very keen to meet up with anyone who wants to climb in the area.  I checked out one of the local crags today at Kexiao Wall (Lingshan) - it looks great so while I know it's a long short, if there are any other climbers around get in touch and let's climb!!!

Incidentally,  I also spotted a new crag opposite Kexiao Wall that I am keen to put some bolts in.  Anyone who fancies thrashing around in the bush to build a trail and hanging around on the end of a rope with a drill would be more than welcome to join me.  

Hey Man, 

Not there yet, but I will be in Jan. I'll hit you up then. Always keen for some bolting and hanging out on rope action. I wouldn't call myself an overly strong climber but I can hold my own and enjoy it. A mission always sounds good to me to.

Will you still be around in Jan?

B

Hey there! I have been dying to get back into climbing! It has been awhile, but I would love to pick it back up again. How far away from main Hangzhou are these crags you are looking at?

Hi!  I just took a job in Hangzhou, starts in July. I'll be there for the next couple years. I am definitely looking for people to climb with. I mostly boulder in the States, but am up for climbing routes. I would love to get in touch with anyone in the area with climbing experience!

I'm also in the same boat, I have a few job offers in Hangzhou and wondering what the climbing scene is like. It will be the one thing that will keep me sane! Are there many good gyms around town and by the sound of it there is a lot of rock to explore and bolt!?

there is a climbing place on jiaogong lu 教工路  i think its 79, its the sports college there ! pretty cool, there is a new one opening soon on the other side of the city 

the new gym isnt open yet, the old wall is pretty good, alot of the climbers are professionals and they think its good so im assuming its good :) i suck so, better take their word, the address for the old is as provided in first post, u can gimme a shout if u wanna climb sometime 

Yeah I checked out the gym the other week, it's pretty awesome!

It's located at 49 Jiaogong Road, you walk into the Zhejiang Sports College and follow the roads around (there is a sign that says CLIMBISM so follow the arrows). Then you walk into a big gym and through it it to the other end. There you will find the reception desk and the gym.

It's pretty decent, there are top rope and lead routes available and a pretty big bouldering area. I'm going to to go back and get a membership for a year (2000 RMB), seeing as a one time visit isn't that cheap (50RMB). A 30 visit pass was 1200 RMB as well. I'm planning to make it a twice a week (at least) thing!

Anyone else keen to come climbing let me know!

Hey all, climber moving to HZ in July. I know this is an old thread but was excited to see it...are any of you still around? Or if not, could anyone connect me with someone (if yhere is one) in the Climbing community. Thanks! 

-Jen