Hangzhou Expat
yidaliren

eating around Yuquan campus

Hi all!

as I said in my presentation topic, I'm an italian student spending a semester at Zheda Yuquan campus.

I really like good food and small restaurants where chinese have their "xiaochi", so, since I wanted to remember the dishes I prefer, I started taking notes of their names... and one by one their amount grew up.

I thought to start a new blog where foreign students living at Yuquan campus could know new dishes, and comment on them. It just started, but I hope it will work like a kind of "online translated menu" when the semester will be over.

You can look for a particular restaurant or category of food (meat, vegetable, jiaozi,...).

Hope you'll like it

http://zhedayuquanxiaochi.blog.com/

any comment or suggestion will be welcome.

• Upvote 1

Hi, yidaliren

Great contribution to those studying in Zhejiang university, Yuquan Campus.  :thumbup:

As blog.com is blocked in China, will you consider making a copy here, then more can benefit from your kindness

thank you :-)

as far as I know, blog.com is not blocked! the proof is I'm using it from here.. and I don't have any vpn

making it available for people without vpn is the reason why I didn't put it on blogspot or other platforms

well, maybe some moment (now, for ex) it is out of service, but most of the time it is available

Hi, yidaliren

Great contribution to those studying in Zhejiang university, Yuquan Campus.  :thumbup:

As blog.com is blocked in China, will you consider making a copy here, then more can benefit from your kindness

Oh, I am using China Telecom's internet connection, and cant open it.  I'd like to hear others' feedback

Great post! I have avoided the place you got the skewers so far, some Chinese colleagues told me the place would probably not be hygienic enough. But since you didn't get sick I might give it a try!

I could recommend Zhi Wei Guan to you, it's on a sidestreet of Zheda Lu, they have some good Xiao long bao and jiao zi.

I can access that website but if it is in 'grey area' (partially accessible) then you better post it on some other site. It would be good to have it here too.

Anyway, i am not sure what are you trying to do with those maps, as it just shows places in the campus.

Most of such places are outside the campus, so it would be nice if Google map is posted there with location marking.

One place that is good enough is the BBQ place when you go towards the Botanical Garden on YuGu Lu

You can also have a look at the whole bunch of restaurants and tiny Chinese eateries when you move out of the 'South Gate'. Well a lot of them will tell you such a gate does not exists but try to sniff that out and you will find a tiny door (a so called gate). You can also access that area from Yugu Lu side. Perhaps the road is called QingZhiWu Lu and the entrance is a little before the Amigo Bar.

thank you for suggestions,

I'll certainly try those places.

Neo, I put the maps to try to tell people where these places are. I know those maps are not that accurate.. but I already tried with gmaps and there are at least two problems:

1. most of these eateries don't have civic number, so gmaps can't spot them

2. I don't know how to post a link to a saved maps on google where the point is showed.. It would certainly be better, cause people could even enlarge the map and better identify the streets but... how to do it?? if anyone can help, I'll be grateful!

I've been to qingzhiwu today, I saw so many eateries.. certainly try to post something from that side too!

great,

i'm also gettin error, if i acces the blog and click on "write a post" there's a screen where I can't write anything.. and it says that contents and discussions are 0 and 0

if i try to access from zhedayuquanxiaochi.blog.com it says "The site you have requested is not installed properly. Please contact the system administrator."

...have I already lost my blog? :(

...have I already lost my blog? :(

Well, now even i can not access it. Better start a thread here with all the info and people will keep adding to it else use a China based blog.