Hangzhou Expat
Noelcahill

Theatre Project - Looking for anyone interested in acting, producing, helping out etc.

Hey everyone who has been following this and do excuse the delay in getting sorted and ready but if you are interested, please come along to the first meeting:

Wednesday 13th November

8pm

Starbucks Coffee Shop

82 Beishan Road

It's on the north side of the lake, opposite KFC and near Sudi Causeway.

Please come along and bring along anybody who is interested in helping out. I have found a place to rehearse and have a script. Really happy and ready to put something on with a good team of actors.

See you soon,

Noel

Cool, Thanks.

hey noel, i had some theater experience back in high school, maybe i can help you out, would be nice to join some art project :)

Hi Iniphanie,

That's great to hear that you have experience and are interested. Please come along to the first meeting and we'll chat about everything.

Noel

Hi! I just moved to Hangzhou and I have a degree on Industrial Arts... I might be of help with the staging and graphic design stuff!

my email is magasama@gmail.com 

Hello, thanks for getting in touch. I will get in touch with you when we're looking at stage creation and the like.

Noel

Just a reminder to people that the initial theatre meeting for this project is on tonight at 8pm in the Starbucks, 82 Beishan Road, I hope everyone can make it.

Noel

Hi Everybody Who Is Still Following This,

The meeting was great tonight, thanks for everyone for coming along. It was great. I am very motivated and happy. The next meeting will be a rehearsal as well as an audition. Please come along to take part and auditions, boys and girls needed. There's a good mix between the two. Here are the details for the audtions.

6:50pm to 8:30pm

at TianMu Music 135 Xueyuan Rd, Xihu, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China

It's near the pub Reggae and it's at the intersection with Wener Road. 

Come along, just bring yourself and be on time. We don't have too much time. I will hopefully be giving out scripts and maybe making decisions about casting. If you didn't make tonight's meeting and still want to take part, please come along to the audition.

See you all there,

Noel

Hey guys

Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately all the positions for actors have been filled but if you are interested in helping out with costumes and production, let me know.

Noel

Hi, Noel.

I used to join the theater club in my University.

May I know which part in production is still open?

Hi Tuzkie,

Thanks for the interest. 

If you're interested in set design or costumes, but we won't be getting round to that for a few months, so I'll let you know in a bit.

Noel

Hi everybody who is following this post. The play that was in the pipes, is now firmly on the way. Here is the poster that we made for N CLUB. Details of times and dates and places are on the poster. But here's a recap

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 15, 16, 17 April
9pm
99, West Wener Road, next to a citibank and the jou with Yile Lu.
No Entry Fee, Dress2Impress, Free shot of Brodka.

Everyone is welcome. It should be great. Lots of fun to be had. Not too many amateur English language plays to be watched in Hangzhou so this is something unique and, hopefully, special. It's a play about a night club called N CLUB and a group of mates that frequent the club regularly, inclucing the protagonist, BJ (Ben Jones).

Any queries or questions let me know, and looking forward to seeing you all there.

Noel
Edited by Noelcahill
  • Upvote 1

Just moved here a month ago and have always loved acting. International thespian society member troop 216 :P. Was a drama coach in college. If you put anything else on just let me know! . Really easy!

Hi everyone,

I know I'm a few years late, but I still want to ask - how did the play go? Did you get a space to practice and peform it ?

Am in Hangzhou at the moment, looking for similar opportunities.

Mary

On 2/14/2018 at 3:18 PM, Hairychap said:

Hi folks,

Quite like Smary, I'm interested in hearing how you got on. Due in Hangzhou in a few months and this sort of thing is right up my street!

Kind regards,

Barry A Martin

Barry, are you still in Hangzhou? Maybe you-re interested in joining a Cabaret? Can PM me for my Wechat. Cheers