Hangzhou Expat
Sign in to follow this  
Hangzhou29

National Holiday in October

Hi All,

I am thinking I may travel within China during the national holiday at the beginning of October.  I am planning on flying from Hangzhou to Guangzhou.  I heard it's pretty chaotic traveling by train and bus around China during this time, but assuming I fly out of Hangzhou, will things be less chaotic if I fly from HZ?  Also, for the most part, will airport shuttle buses and the amount of taxis available still be the same?

This is my first time having holiday in October in China, so any advice is appreciated. Bottom line, if avoiding trains and buses, is travel relatively bearable during the October national holiday?

Thanks! :happy:

Based on my experience, travelling by train wouldnt be much of a problem. Please remember that this October holiday isthe most expensive travel season in China. Plane tickets are really high even of you book in advance.

It will be crowded everywhere. There's no other way to describe it.

Ok, thanks! :happy:  Even if I stayed in Hangzhou or went somewhere nearby like Nanjing, I imagine it'd be the same thing.  It'll be crowded everywhere.  It's all good, thanks again!

Will the high-speed trains from Hangzhou to Shanghai go up in price too during this time?

Lol, fair point san!  I am crazy for doing this, I have realized.

..But, I'm crazy year round, so I guess it's par for the course!  :creepy:

Ha that will end soo quick, trust me, just wait till the day come you will be like Dafucc was I thinkin :p

I have decided to be adventurous and I am now going to see Guangzhou over the October vacation!  The airfare wasn't really marked up, so I think it's a good deal and I'll get to see new cities in southern China!  :happy:

Go visit Shenzhen. It's a great city. He'll if you have the multiple entry visa, go check it Hong Kong. Just remember to get a new residence permitt after re entry

Thanks DonG, I was thinking the same thing and agree Shenzhen would be fun! I saw Hong Kong before, so it's ok if I don't go back there.  If there are any other fun cities near the Guangzhou/Shenzhen area, suggestions would be good  :happy: