Hangzhou Expat

Question

20 answers to this question

I resent this. We afghans are a proud people

I meant why would any people ( other than Afghan people) care what some fake doctor who is doing there, it's not even in the same continent)

• Upvote 1

Afghanistan is in Asia....just like China.

Yeah I realized that later, that was quite a stupid thing to say, even worse than my intentionally racist slur.... But the man that i am, I will just leave it there and dont edit it.... And even give u a +.

I sort of remember Dr. Marko from the 00's, and I knew he sort of got ran off as it were, but I forgot for what. Was he a real doctor? I seem to remember sending him an email to ask a question, and he answered me back, and I remember him being a nice guy, and I think for awhile, we sort of liked the guy because he was this "western doctor". I think he did some sexual stuff, but again, this guy was about  7 or 8 years back in time. So, "old timers" refresh my memory of this guy and why is he "bad"?

There were some RUMORS that Marko might have taken advantage of some of his female customer patients. Several years ago someone reported on this site (HZ Expat) that Marko’s medical credentials were not authentic. I think this is one of the reasons why he left Hangzhou.

More recently he was spotted faking it up in Sichuan in the aftermath of the massive earthquake there a few years ago.

Yes, people I trust have told me that he behaved very inappropriately with some female clients.

It also seems clear that he does not have the credentials he claims to have. i.e. fraud

True. People from all walks of life can be sexual predators.

But, the issues with Mr Marko were not just that he molested people or tried to 'seduce' them, it's also that he was unqualified to practice and was (is) a fraud.

As far as molesting his female "clients" (ie victims), I think he will find there is a lot less tolerance for that kind of behaviour in Afganhistan. 

In the video, he talks about the women needing more attention ... sent shivers down my spine.

Here we are 5 years later and "Dr Matthew Marko" is living here in South Carolina USA, near Greenville. I spotted his profile on Nextdoor.com, a neighborhood social media site. Only people in the neighborhood can see profiles so he might be comfortable on that platform knowing people far away can't see it. But I was immediately suspicious. Most people who sign up for Next Door just jump right into discussions, but he took the time to introduce himself on January 28th. And his profile says "Dr. Matthew Marko". That was unusual too because the doctors I know don't use their title on social media and in fact would rather everyone not know they are doctors. He also used a profile picture of himself wearing a white lab coat with a stethoscope around his neck. It screamed "Look at me, I'm a doctor!" And then there was the content of his first post: "Hello and thanks for the welcome to Adams Run, glad to be here but lord the packing-unpacking, organizing and all that moving stuff, wow, think my back is done and need a masseuse but still too busy to go look for one. Guess I'll recover ha. Looking forward to this new place and new friends and learning about the area. Was a psychiatrist internationally but took early retirement due to constant vertigo last year. Still do some consulting, private life counseling and working on a book, (if I ever finish unpacking and setting up lol). Wishing everyone the best and thanks again. Matt"

It appeared that it was designed to attract women and he drew a lot of responses from women. I started Googling his name and it brought me to this 4 1/2 year old thread. I wasn't sure it was the same guy but watched the video link provided by Peter Atkins. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEPAD4yPZy0&feature=youtu.be Yep, that's him. He has a beard now. 

In his second post a few days later, he writes that as guy he has little in the way of decorating skills and wonders if someone might provide advice over coffee. Also writes that he still does "some consulting, private life counseling and working on a book." He also says he does voiceover work. Here is his voiceover website. https://mmarkoproductions.com/ 

The picture is the one he uses on Next Door. 

matt marko.jpg