nancy mandarin

Practical Chinese learning for foreigners by Nancy Mandarin.

57 posts in this topic

Studying Mandarin enrich the mind!

Do you often feel life is meaningless?Are you still looking for the meaning of life?

live to learn and learn to live. life is just as simple as that,and you shouldn't regard it complicated.

Many foreigners think teacher who are  chinese teaching mandarin is a piece of cake ,but the truth is not like that ,education has nothing to do with people who has it ,education lies in people who research to do it and people who continue to do it wholeheartedly.

The more a man learns ,the more he knows his ignorance,but if a man empties his purse into his head ,no one can take it from him.

knowledge is the true wealth that accompany you forever!

Keep learning mandarin,keep going on ,keep your meaningful life!!!

Nancy Mandarin

Looking for a job ? The job is looking for you too !  Please UPLOAD/BUILD your resume first → HERE.

Nancy Mandarin will bring you another powerful language confidence!

Today China is the second largest economy in the world, Speaking Mandarin Chinese is becoming one of the most important skills of the 21st century.
     Refer to many foreigners who live in China and who are eager to learn chinese, I, as a professional mandarin teacher with 5years teaching experience ,want to tell you that.teaching mandarin is never derectly translate English into Chinese sentence,chinese also has its own logical method,include both spoken and character,as long as you grasp the rules and method internally ,you can achieve this language very quickly and easily .
        introduce myself shortly ,my major is English ,after my graduation ,I began to teach chinese adults spoken English,in the second year ,I began to teach mandarin ,and surprisely I found myself deeply falled in love with this course ,time flies with harvest.and now I have taught mandarin for 5 years,I think I have regarded it as my career in my whole life ,it is true.
        The  world should be always as a whole, working as a mandarin teacher ,I always shake hands with and listen to others parts of the world,because my
Students are from all around the world ,for example:America, Italy, France, Germany, India, Norway, Finnland, Ireland, Britain, Australia, Canada, , Phillipine, Mexica, Brazail, Thailand, Japan, Russia etc. .So we know very well how to teach and communicate with d students from different cultural background. when I communicating with and teaching my students ,I always  feel very happy ,and in daily life we always  get along with like friends.and also when they back to their countries.
       now I want to show you my teaching method and class format ,and etc.
1.Spoken chinese study.
      Each level includes 18 lessons ,in these classes ,I will deliver the basic knowledge and skills of the most elementary topics to students, through the study ,you wil build a very strong foundation of the most basic knowledge and topics,but its not enough ,besides,  I have designed many very useful conversations on various topics of daily life  to review our level one ,through all these ,most students  have no problems about daily communication with chinese people ,if any topic you didn't grasp well ,we can restudy free untill you can speak it. both face to face and group study.
2.Chinese characters.
Many foreign students said learning chinese characters are very very difficult,but I dare to say that is not the truth ,during these years to teach ,I have focused on the chinese characters teaching,and teach students with radicals and pictures,they can grasp 600 words in 30 hours ,both write and read .that is my proud achievements about characters teaching,and  if any students didn't master these 600 words ,I will give them extral free class to learn them.
     Throughout the learning process ,we also practice characters with  diary,composition everyday.so no worry about your chinese reading and writing.

3.General chinese culture class to middle level students.

4. Free mandarin corner to attend in Binjiang district..
     The one of most important principles of my teaching philosophy is to cultivate my students' communicative abilities and to teach them to use the Chinese language in real life.
so I hope to guide you experience China, speak local language and become a “Chinese” during your stay in China.
 if  you are interested in learning ,please message me on this website through the following resources.I can guarantee your chinese study either spoken or characters.please believe in me ,and let's start this beautful chinese journey!!!

Advantages: 

Intensive Mandarin Classes cater to your specific request :business or life

Small classes with no more than 6 students.

Students are divided according to their level.

lexible time to balance your study and work. 

Outdoor classes, cultural activities and events.

HSK training package with guaranteed results

character learning with good writing ability

[please send me private message for contact information]

address: Opposite to HIS (Hangzhou International School) ease sky plaza

谢谢Nancy

Section 1 The Progressive aspect of action

Progressive form:    subject+zài+verb(+object)

examples:1.what are  you doing ?  

nǐ zài gàn shén me?      ( ni:you, gan :do ,shen me :what)

你在干什么    ?                                        你                 干                    什么

2. I'm going shopping.  wǒ zài guàng jīe    (wo :I ,guang jie:go shopping)

我    在       逛             街。

3.they are resting.          tā men zài xīu xī.(ta men :they, xiuxi: rest)

他们   在  休 息

4. Mom is cooking .       ma ma zai zuò fàn.  (mama:mom, zuo fan :cook)

妈 妈       在     做        饭。

5.   My husband is working . wo lǎo gōng zài shàng bān /  gōngzuò

我   老公   在    上班        工作。

(lao gong: spoken husband,shang ban/gongzuo :work, but shangban refer to daily life 'go to work', gongzuo refer to generally speaking 'job ,work' for example ,what's your job,we say ," ni de gong zuo shi shen me" we don't say ,"ni de shang ban shi shen me?"

can you say?: she is dancing

.                       he is study.

we are having a meeting.

thank you for all reading!

any answer please give it to me ,communicate with  Nancy Mandarin

very important chinese knowledge points:the difference among “在zài,想xiǎng,要yào ”
1.I am shopping (out now)means   我逛街。
2.I want to go shopping. means :我去逛街(but I have no time to go)
3.I am going to /will go shopping means 我去逛街。

the difference of these three words are:
“在means you are in the process of doing sth
means you want do sth in your mind ,but it's only thought ,may you do it or not.
“要”means you plan to do sth,you will carry it out,definetely will do it. 

jīn nián wǒ  zài xué    hàn yǔ,  yīn wéi wǒ xiǎng qù zhōng guó,míng nián wǒ yào qù zhōng guó
今  年    我   在  学  汉   语,因    为 我    想     去  中      国,明       年   我  要   去   中      国.

Nancy!!!

I heard you were an excellent Chinese teacher from one of my friends who used to live in Binjiang.

I am planning on moving here in two months! Would you be available for classes in July? I wish to practice my spoken Chinese.

谢谢

~An Excited Student!

HI,Samuelluby,

Glad to know you.  firstly, welcome to China !!! also ,my pleasure to have you as students ,in July ,I have different kinds of classes,face to face class,group

class ,and students summer vacation classess...which one would you prefer to attend?[please send me private message for contact information] we can talk in detail about you study.

Nancy Mandarin

The difference between “qu” anddao

“去”   “到”

1.Xiǎng qù means want to go ,but maybe can’t go,eg:wǒ xiǎng qù měi guò,dàn shì wǒ méi yǒu

国,但   没有   

qián

钱 。       I want to go to America ,but I have no money.             

Yào qù ,means plan to go ,will make it come true ,eg: jī piào mǎi hǎo le ,wǒ míng tiān yào qù

要去                                                                                            好了,我   

i guò.

美国。     The flight ticket is ready,I will go to America tomorrow.    ji piao means flight ticket.

“qu le “means went to some place already ,not here now.

去了

Eg:ta qu le shang hai/ ta qu shang hai le.( he went to shanghai)

他去了上   海。

2.“Dào” , only means arrive ,but we don’t use this word alone ,always used in the past tense or

“到“

future tense ,past tense :”dào le” means generally speakinng “arrived”,future tense :”kuài dào le ”means “will arrive soon”

“到了”                                                                               

Eg:wo dao le. I arrived.

我

Wo dao Shanghai le.(object should before partical “le”) I already arrived in Shang hai.

海了。

Wo kuai dao Shang hai le (kuai dao place le) I will arrive Shanghai soon.。"kuai ...le "is a structure means :"will happen ...soon"

了。

post-65038-0-07548700-1431387765_thumb.j

jīn tīan wǒ de chuī fēng jī  huài le ,wo děi mǎi xīn de . :crying:  :sad:

今  天    我  的  吹   风   机   坏  了,我得   买   新  的。

today my hair dryer is broken , I have to buy a new one .

chui feng ji : hair dryer.

吹风机

chui:blow.

feng :wind.

ji:machine.

dei;have to,eg: xīng qī tiān wǒ děi qù shàng bān .sunday I have to go to work.

得                          星  期 天    我 得   去 上       班。

mǎi :buy —— mài :sell   the tone are different

买                   卖

xīn de : new one——jìu de :old one

新的                           旧的

jin tiān wǎn shàng wǒ yào qù jiàn shēn fáng jiàn shēn 。

今  天    晚      上     我  要   去  健    身    房   健     身。

I will go to the Gym to do exercise this evening.

要:will。

健身房:gym。

健身:do exercise.

post-65038-0-65439300-1431305317_thumb.j

only jiàn means healthy,eg: jiànkāng ,here“ jiàn shēn” ,jiàn is verb

健                                 健   康               健    身

coach :jiào liàn 教练

你去吗?will you go?

jīn tīan wǒ de chuī fēng jī  huài le ,wo děi mǎi xīn de . :crying:  :sad:

今天我的吹风机坏了,我得买新的。

today my hair dryer is broken , I have to buy a new one .

chui feng ji : hair dryer.

吹风机

chui:blow.

feng :wind.

ji:machine.

dei;have to

mai :buy .

xin de ; new one

新的

Edited by nancy mandarin

sectionn one of "hao"                                                             hǎo

Do you know how to use 好?

the original meanign of hao is good,but it has many other meanings ,do you know how to use?

tiān qì hěn hǎo.  the weather is good.(adj)

天气很好。

ta hen hao ,he is a nice person.

他很好。

but "hao" can be used with other verb, express when you doing sth ,it is kind of enjoyful

example:1.hao chī:go to eat ,means delicious.             chi means:eat.

好吃

2. hao kàn: good to see,                                  kan means:watch,look at.

好看

e.g.zhè ge diàn yǐng hen hao kan . this movie is interesting .

这  个   电     影   很   好   看。

3. hao tīng :good to listen .                             ting means:listen to

好听

e.g. zhe shǒu gē hen hao ting.  this song is good to listen.

这     首    歌  很   好    听。

4.hao wán :good to play ,to enjoy time, refer to place or sth .        wán (玩)means play,enjoy the time

好玩

e.g. xī hú hen hao wan 。the west lake is a good place to enjoy.

西湖  很    好    玩。

next time will be section of 好!

the use of

好first meaning is good

hǎo also has another meaning ---easy, 

the form: hǎo + verb,express easy to do sth,

e.g. hǎo xué :easy to learn

好    学

hao zhǎo:easy to find

好    找

hao zuò:easy to do

好   做

hao jì:easy to remember

好  记

hao xǐ :easy to wash

好  洗

e.g.汉语很好学,很好记,Chinese is very easy to learn ,and very easy to remember.

do you think so ?

xīng qī   yī

星  期   一        Monday

jīn tiān shì xīng qī    yī,     yòu yào shàng bān le , bú guò wǒ hě xǐ huān shàng bān .

今   天  是   星    期  一,  又   要       上    班   了,不 过    我  很喜  欢      上      班

today is monday, I have to again go to work ,however ,I like workiing very much.

you:means ,you are not willing to do sth ,but you have to do .

e.g. wǒ yòu yào qù yī yuàn le .

我   又  要   去  医院     了。

I have to go to the hospital again.

bu guo means however , dan shi means: but ,stronger than  bu guo

不过                                    但是

xià yǔ tiān

下 雨  天      rainy day

jīn tiān xià dà yǔ ,wǒ yì biān qí chē ,yì biān dǎ sǎn ,

今  天   下  大 雨,我一 边   骑  车,一边        打 伞

today it rained heavily ,I was biking while I was holding an umbrella. ,

xia yu :verb ,rain ,

下雨

xia da yu : rain heavily

下大雨

qi che :ride a bike .

骑车

da san : hold umbrella

打伞

yi bian + verb ..yi bian +verb means while  doing  sth you doing another thing at the same time

e.g. wǒ yì bian kàn shū ,yi bian tīng yīn yuè

我 一 边 看    书,一  边    听  音  乐。

while I am reading book ,I am listening to music.

看书:read book.

听音乐: listen to music.

what do you do in the rainy day?

ni yu tian gan shen me?

你 雨  天   干   什     么?

今天下大雨,我一边骑车,一边打伞,一边看书,一边听音乐,一边吃汉堡,一边发信息,一边开会,累死我了!

The Best Way to Learn Characters:  Radical Chinese Learing with Pictures in your mind

Hi ,everyone,

From  these days on, Nancy Mandarin will begin  to upload my chinese characters learning meathod! based on chinese radicals , so you can grasp characters with pictures in your mind,this is  easiest method to learn character ,as I have taught in this way for a few years in my class ,so I can gurantee that you will achieve much method from my infomation.It will also build your character learing confidence from today on!

please keep touch with Nancy Mandarin,any question in your study .

jīn tiān wǒ qù pá shān.

今  天    我  去 爬  山!

I'm going mountain climbing today

what about you?

jīn tiān wǒ qù pá shān.

今  天    我  去 爬  山!

today I will climb mountain.

what about you?

In English, it should be "I'm going mountain climbing today"

In English, it should be "I'm going mountain climbing today"

thank you for correction,this is a daily status ,but I also should be serious about it.looking forward to more reply and correction from anyone who read my study information, wish to make progress with everyone here . communication makes perfect! together!

chinese radical 1  

chinese radicalmeans: person

xiǎo

nǐ

for example: 你:you。  冖 refer to roof ,house,means :small .the whole :your house( 冖) there is a small kid (小 亻)----你

tā                             yě

他:   he 。character 也:also.  the whole: 他 也 is a good 亻(he is also a good person)

men                                                                     mén

们 :plural people ,你们:you people 他们 :they   门:in the character it refer to sound

zhù                            zhǔ

住:live .    亻:person. 主:master,so this character can be understood as:  a person 亻live住 here ,so he is the master主

tǐ

体:body.

tā

but  她 :she ,

another radical:女:means female ,she is female so begin with 女

mù

chinese radical 2:  木(wood)

xiū

1. :have a rest

:radical person, : wood ,or tree

so this character resembles a man sitting under a tree to have a rest.

words and expressions :xiū xī ,                                               xiū jià

休息   have a rest                              休假:go on a vacation

chuáng

2. : bed

广: radical means shelter    : wood ,or tree

so the whole character resembles : a wood shelter for you to have a rest ----bed

other characters with radical 木,do you know how to remember easliy ??? pay attention to the radical 木。

e.g.★       zhuō zi ,               yǐ zi ,           guǒ ,             cài,          lóu

桌   子                椅 子            果                菜               楼

dest                    chair            fruit          vegetable      building

★★   木,本,末,未,林,森,休,体        do you know?(⊙o⊙)(ˉ﹃ˉ)

if you want to know how to remember these words in most efficient method ,please keep touch with me ,Nancy will present you the easiest and clearest way to remember!

post-65038-0-07548700-1431387765_thumb.j [please send me private message for contact information]

、

the  difference between he méi yǒu

不 和  没    有

㈠不means don't . always used in the present and future tense

bú qù ,dont go ,bú xiǎng : don't want , bu xiang +verv :don't want to do sth. bú huì :can't ( because didn't learn before,so, lack of such skill,don't know how to do)

不 去                不  想                                                                                      不 会

e.g.: wo bu qu shàng hǎi .

我 不  去  上      海。I will not go to Shanghai ,( I have no such plan)

ta bu xiang shuì jiào

他  不  想    睡     觉。He don't want to sleep.

wo bu xiang chī mǐ fàn

我  不  想     吃  米 饭。I don't want to eat rice .

wo bu huì shuō hàn yǔ

我  不  会   说    汉  语。I can't speak spoken Chinese ,( because I never learned)

bú shì :negative of "be" ,

不是

e.g.: wo bu shi měi guó rén .wo shì zhōng guó rén .

我  不 是   美    国  人,我  是   中      国   人。

㈡méi yǒu :❶ have no

没    有

e.g.   wo mei you shí jīan(  I have no time.)

我  没    有   时  间。

mei  you + verb :means didn't or haven't done sth in the past tense.

没    有

wo zuó tiān mei you qù shang hai ( Yersterday I didn't go to Shang hai)

我昨天没有去上海

ni chī fàn le ma ?(did you eat?)

你吃饭了吗?

méi yǒu.(haven't )

没有

post-65038-0-07548700-1431387765_thumb.j      [please send me private message for contact information]