salsera

salsa on Fridays at Carbon bar

15 posts in this topic

Give a try to amazing salsa nights with Michael Nice at Carbon bar on Fridays! Dancers from almost all HZ salsa schools attend the parties, quite often there are guests from other cities, the environment is super friendly, no one cares of your dance skills, you dont need to be a professional to join and enjoy.

The bar itself is pretty cosy nice place, many expats hang out there. It has a nice summer terrace which will be on high demand very soon since it is getting hot!

There are several salsa spots in HZ:

on Tuesdays at Shanke, Fridays at Carbon, Sat at Mint and lounge and probably Sundays at Shanke.

And, unfortunately, no spots for windsurfing :'(

Looking for a job ? The job is looking for you too !  Please UPLOAD/BUILD your resume first → HERE.
On 26/03/2016 at 9:45 PM, Mr. Zheng said:

Carbon Bar burned down a week ago. No more Carbon Bar. A complete loss.

srsly?

14 hours ago, Slythe said:

I'm calling it, insurance job.

Most definitely wasn't, the place was doing really well.  The restaurant downstairs has reopened - but the upstairs bar won't reopen. It was the fault of a faulty installation of a fireplace i believe, bad workmanship and tradesman that didn't know what they were doing... who would have thought that could happen in china?

4 hours ago, Rorsistance said:

Most definitely wasn't, the place was doing really well.  The restaurant downstairs has reopened - but the upstairs bar won't reopen. It was the fault of a faulty installation of a fireplace i believe, bad workmanship and tradesman that didn't know what they were doing... who would have thought that could happen in china?

差不多

Hello Salseros,

I have just moved to Hangzhou (since 3 weeks) and want to dance salsa.

Has this Carbon Bar you mentioned (on Friday) re-opened?

And/or are there other options on Fridays?
I live in the Binjiang area and dance cuban salsa.

Warmly,

Kim

Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 00.35.47.png

This is a list of places that I found by going through all the posts here online:

SALSA
Tuesdays:

- Barossa bar
- Schanke Beer Bar, Room 1-3 and 2-2, Building 32, Qingchunfang, Qingchun Road (庆春路青春坊32幢1-3室和2-2室), 0571-56660999
- Shares bar from 21:30 (There is a free lesson followed by dancing through the night.)

Fridays:
- Carbon, Carbon bar, Beishanlu 10, 北山路10号 (Carbon Bar burned down!)
- Flamenko, 313,3 Floor,No.294,Wenyi Rd, Xihu District / 西湖区文一路294号集盒3楼313 (巴特洛新自由西餐厅 Wen Yi Lu  文一路294号集盒3楼313商铺, 0571-28995598)
- Homestead

Saturdays:
- Mint (small), Tea Boutique hotel,Mint Lounge and Cocktail Bar(124 Shuguang road) Tel.: 8799 5929
- Lounge
- Hill Street Bar
- Uncle Martin, 安可马丁西餐酒廊, 下城区 密渡桥路17号武林新世纪大厦2楼(近杭州大厦D座)      电话: 0571-88864477 (charge of 60元, 21:30)
喧客德国餐吧

Sundays:
- Schanke Beer Bar, Room 1-3 and 2-2, Building 32, Qingchunfang, Qingchun Road (庆春路青春坊32幢1-3室和2-2室), 0571-56660999
-Kevin's school on the corner of Qingchun and Zhonghe bei lu (there are bachata and meregue classes too. Free trial every Sunday night.)

Edited by kimengelen
update information

I believe Kevin doesn't have Barossa Bar on Tuesdays anymore. It was moved to a new location. I could be wrong though. I'll ask the Mrs when I get home.  Thats where I met my wife! That bachata dancing was just too hot :grin:.

Kevin school is awesome. I've seen lots of the other videos coming up from other schools arounds town and they are trash. Kevin is a solid teacher and pretty cool guy. 

I took some Salsa lessons back in Hong Kong and really liked it. If  you figure out which place youd like to check out, would you let me know, Kim? 

@ BluePasta: Yes if you could ask that would be great. Thanks.

@ Sepp: I want to check all of them out. :chuckle::grin:And I was thinking to start tonight. I would prefer the "Carbon Bar", since I live in the Binjiang area and I read that people like/d it. But alas it burned down (and I don't know if they perhaps re-opened). From "Homestead" I don't know the address (yet). So then I think it will be "Flamenko". Do you know it? Do you like it? Do you want to check it out?

Ive been here for a grand total of 10 days, live near the West Culture Square (if you orient yourself by subway lines, as Im used to), and have not checked a single one. 

Open for anything! I've PM'd you my WeChat account!