Hangzhou Expat
drown

Current best pizza in HZ

In your opinion what's the current best pizza in town? Thin crust preferred. Fresh ingredients. Family friendly. Price not an obstacle but prefer to encourage restaurants with excellent price:value ratio. I haven't had pizza in Hangzhou yet so I don't have an opinion...Yet.

2 hours ago, san5324 said:

Thin crust you should go to zola. If I'm hungry for pizza I just go to domino's. 

There's Dominos in Hangzhou?

6 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

There's Dominos in Hangzhou?

I heard there are 2, one is at wen san road, between xueyuan road and wantang road, on the side of the mcdonalds. Its  on the opposite side of the bus stop. The bustop towards gudun road direction im talkin about :P

Seriously...are you fuckin kidding me. I asked about a pizza place. At lunch i picked up a flier from a place advertising pizza. Now i'm following up. If that's marketing you must be getting a pretty hefty check from Dominos

• Like 1

2 hours ago, san5324 said:

I heard there are 2, one is at wen san road, between xueyuan road and wantang road, on the side of the mcdonalds. Its  on the opposite side of the bus stop. The bustop towards gudun road direction im talkin about :P

Gonna have to go hunt that down :happy:

1 hour ago, san5324 said:

never heard of it and now your question actually sounds like marketing.

Nar, I know one of the owners and they're always pushing it on WeChat, looks alright but I've never tried it

21 hours ago, canuck_in_hz said:

Stefano's pizza at Mislead bar. Wouldn't quite say it's family friendly though cuz it's also a bar with lots of smoking and drinking. Only opens after 6pm until late.

just had a friend say this was good too, I'll have to check it out!

So here is my experience of Gato Matto:

Pizza was delived. Delivery took 45+ minutes from time order was placed until arrival. 2.25 KM  Pizza arrived barely warm. Cheese did not smell fresh. It had a sour , slightly mildewy smell. Not sure how it compares in person but definitely will not repeat for a delivery order and unlikely for an in person visit. Price was 70/pizza for a veggie with pepperoni and a marguerita. Not great value IMO but I have nothing to compare to in HZ. YMMV

Just go to

On 2016/7/9 at 1:58 PM, drown said:

So here is my experience of Gato Matto:

Pizza was delived. Delivery took 45+ minutes from time order was placed until arrival. 2.25 KM  Pizza arrived barely warm. Cheese did not smell fresh. It had a sour , slightly mildewy smell. Not sure how it compares in person but definitely will not repeat for a delivery order and unlikely for an in person visit. Price was 70/pizza for a veggie with pepperoni and a marguerita. Not great value IMO but I have nothing to compare to in HZ. YMMV

Is it a Chinese brand? Why would you thought it would be nice to eat? All of them really suck.. Zola also went from a 8 to a 6 in my book. My to go place is now dominos. a 12 inch marguerita pizza is 55 or ot 65 rmb, a pizza with cheese and salami is 85 for a 12 inch.

Those are the only 2 pizzas i like. Man I miss the proper shoarma joints back home with the proper shoarma pizza. If you ever see that in China.. DONT... I repeat DONT eat it.  There is a tiny shoarma joint at the the beginning of hubin road, close to G+ and I thought lemme try the pizza... BIG mistake.. he warms it up in the microwave.

6 hours ago, san5324 said:

Just go to

Is it a Chinese brand? Why would you thought it would be nice to eat?

I saw a flier, the person I was with said it was good. I wechatted with the owner who is not chinese and he was nice so I gave it a shot. It was also not too far from my house. I'm kind of giving up on pizza here. i think it's a lost cause. Cheeze is the magic ingredient which seems to be in short supply here.

17 minutes ago, drown said:

I saw a flier, the person I was with said it was good. I wechatted with the owner who is not chinese and he was nice so I gave it a shot. It was also not too far from my house. I'm kind of giving up on pizza here. i think it's a lost cause. Cheeze is the magic ingredient which seems to be in short supply here.

I see... well domino is just exactly how it is back home :P 

On 14/07/2016 at 4:22 PM, drown said:

ohhh that's too bad you had a bad experience. I've never tried delivery but whenever I go there it's really good! 

I've heard there's also a place on Baochu rd where they make pretty good pizza. The guy is Italian, will try to dig out the name and address

14 hours ago, Eve88 said:

I've heard there's also a place on Baochu rd where they make pretty good pizza. The guy is Italian, will try to dig out the name and address

That is "Mislead" which was mentioned earlier. Good pizza there. 

I work near the MIXC mall at present and I and my lady boss and child had lunch in a place called Mr. Pizza, which is located on the higher floors, maybe 5F. I thought the pizza was very good and Italian style. It was like 7 Club pizza but bigger. Not the gut bomb American brand pizzas like Pizza Hut and that ilk.

35 minutes ago, Popcorn Sutton said:

the gut bomb American brand pizzas like Pizza Hut and that ilk.

for real, sooo greasy... the individual places are usually much better

We have a local pizza place in West Hangzhou near Shan Shui Ren Jia on Lianhua Jie which makes a pretty decent pizza.( I don't even know their name.) Thin crust and decent toppings, but nothing fancy. We can get two quite large pizzas for RMB 130 delivered.  They accept COD or Alipay. Menu is attached. 

20160717_092246.jpg

20160717_092221.jpg

• Upvote 1

Mislead pizza is awesome..... though not always family friendly....

I have to admit that Flash Days pizza is pretty well priced and they use decent cheese and western style ham.... Not every Flash Days does pizza though....