Hangzhou Expat
drown

Current best pizza in HZ

Few of my old friends (Italians) they liked pizza at AMIGO, perhaps the ambiance of the restaurant and few drinks let them enjoy the pizza more than other places, so they gave a general score.

I personally think the pizza tastes good, the ingredients are fine but the crust isn't the one I fancy, it's sort of thin and soggy, I prefer the chubby puffy one ^^

The place should be in yugu road but is fancy, prices up to 80 rmb..

On 8/22/2016 at 5:27 PM, san5324 said:

I still swear for domino pizza for me :)

Stopped by Dominos for lunch ( Yes I went outside today!!! But that's another story, lest just say the banks continue to disappoint)...First pizza had been made with "Korean sauce" despite my request for "tomato sauce"  The replacement was great and it gave them a chance to also skip the canned corn. So yes..I've boycotted Dominos in the US for years for personal reasons but I'm willing to give it a go while in China. Just make sure to specify tomato sauce.

25 minutes ago, drown said:

Stopped by Dominos for lunch ( Yes I went outside today!!! But that's another story, lest just say the banks continue to disappoint)...First pizza had been made with "Korean sauce" despite my request for "tomato sauce"  The replacement was great and it gave them a chance to also skip the canned corn. So yes..I've boycotted Dominos in the US for years for personal reasons but I'm willing to give it a go while in China. Just make sure to specify tomato sauce.

I only take the cheese pizza or with salami. I am pretty sure they will use ketchup?

Family Pizza in MIXC mall has very good pizza. Tried it Saturday. Best value for plain Marguerita pizza with fresh tasting cheese and lots of it. Italian guy running the show.  I

On 8/29/2016 at 4:24 PM, JupiterD3v said:

Excuse me for saying this but is it really that hard to get a good slice of Pizza in Hangzhou? I'm in Hangzhou in and out throughout the year so I have no idea.

Well, when you find some let us know. 

Misleads pizza is quite okay...

Domino's is for me fastfood pizza, its acceptable

Pizza hut AVOID AT COST!

Other fancy places like amigos... Ive been spoiled with pizza (have family living in Milan, Florence and Rome)

Gatto Matto seems a good place (heard from my american co-workers... read american...)

Most of the time I go to my friends restaurant... Not super awesome but the prices are very decent (Im dutch... we are greedy...).

I always wait when he just come back from milan, then he brings some real good salami and chorizzo!

There's a new hole in the wall off TianMuShan near Zheda's Yuquan north gate (up the alley that leads to TMS) that does some nice Italian foods... includng pizza and calzone (BIG!!!)

They also do sandwiches on ciabatta! Nice, and pretty cheap too! Staff (1 guy and 1 girl) are also quite friendly (basically no English though - which is no problem - you just may not be able to make suggestions :p)