Lin Jingyan

New Zheda student in Hangzhou

25 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just arrived at Hangzhou today, less than 12 hours ago actually. I'm one of the new students at Zhejiang University's Chinese language program and so will be staying here until July at least. Looking forward to meeting new people - students and non-students alike - and gaining many unforgettable memories in this city.

As a side note, I'd be up for language exchange/study buddies kind of thing. My target languages apart of Mandarin are Japanese and French, in exchange I can offer Finnish if there is someone crazy enough to want to learn it. 

Ps. I spent the summer in Shanghai so if you have any questions about living, travelling etc., there, I'd be happy to help if I can.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Looking for a job ? The job is looking for you too !  Please UPLOAD/BUILD your resume first → HERE.

Hello Lin,

I'm French and just arrived in Hz. I'm not student anymore but still feel like. I could help you with French.

Plus i would go to Shangai, so let's go drink some beers together!

 

Arnaud

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys 

I'm coming to hz after several days , gonna be new there , so looking for someone to hangout and explore this city with. Looking forward to new connections Add me on wechat : Esina_Daria 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, daryadarya said:

Hey guys 

I'm coming to hz after several days , gonna be new there , so looking for someone to hangout and explore this city with. Looking forward to new connections Add me on wechat : Esina_Daria 

What will you do in hz? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Lin Jingyan said:

Hi,

I just arrived at Hangzhou today, less than 12 hours ago actually. I'm one of the new students at Zhejiang University's Chinese language program and so will be staying here until July at least. Looking forward to meeting new people - students and non-students alike - and gaining many unforgettable memories in this city.

As a side note, I'd be up for language exchange/study buddies kind of thing. My target languages apart of Mandarin are Japanese and French, in exchange I can offer Finnish if there is someone crazy enough to want to learn it. 

Ps. I spent the summer in Shanghai so if you have any questions about living, travelling etc., there, I'd be happy to help if I can.

How were your first few days? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, san5324 said:

Ow nice what will you study?? 

In going to study international marketing in zhujiang university of science and technology 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, daryadarya said:

In going to study international marketing in zhujiang university of science and technology 

Zhejiang you mean?   In xiao he San?  I study there too if you need some help lemme know...  I'm the fat dude  ;p

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, san5324 said:

Zhejiang you mean?   In xiao he San?  I study there too if you need some help lemme know...  I'm the fat dude  ;p

Oh really , that's cool , what do u study there ? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, daryadarya said:

Oh really , that's cool , what do u study there ? 

Business Chinese,  am jn the final year now. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, daryadarya said:

In going to study international marketing in zhujiang university of science and technology 

Ill also be at Zhejiang university of Science and technology as a new student this year. Will be there by tuesday.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, so many people from ZUST. Is there some international student society, any events? I work at ZJUT just next door from you guys.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Lin, I'm a new Zheda student as well. I'm doing a masters in biochemistry, but I have to take the language course as well. I might have seen you at the registration, I remember I met a Finnish guy there. I might be interested in being your study buddy, what level of Chinese are you studying? I took 3 years of Mandarin in America, so I'm in the intermediate class. 

Hope to hear from you!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We really should have a XiaoHeShan meetup sometimes... I said elsewhere, Orange Blossom would be a good central place.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For shizzle! Where is this Blue Oyster Orange Blossom place, I couldn’t find it on the map? What’s the address or the Chinese name?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, san5324 said:

I actually crushed somebody her dreams today with the surroundings of zust..   ;p

What's your problem with this area???

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, unclemax said:

For shizzle! Where is this Blue Oyster Orange Blossom place, I couldn’t find it on the map? What’s the address or the Chinese name?

No idea! :D

But... the road that runs up from LiuHe Lu, near the TouShanMen stop - Do you know where the Keji dorm is off campus (across the road)? Well, go up that road, and it's about 50m before the top end corner. Do past the Chinese Indian restaurant (if you know that place).

I think the area is called DongHe...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, sainthood said:

What's your problem with this area???

Ow it's totally fine.. If you love a long road with nothing there...  Come on dude,  compare 浙大yuquan and then any university in xhs.. It's totally dead for students. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, san5324 said:

Ow it's totally fine.. If you love a long road with nothing there...  Come on dude,  compare 浙大yuquan and then any university in xhs.. It's totally dead for students. 

So what you're saying is... YOU prefer an area with lots of noise, pollution, cars, people, etc etc... and don't like views of hills, lots of trees and all that. YOU prefer to be in the city and nearer to clubs, drinks, and all that stuff...

Sure, I'd like a few more restaurants out this way as well... but I'm quite content to have what I need in relatively easy travel distance (granted, I come from Australia, where a 45min trip is 'just down the road').

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sainthood said:

No idea! :D

But... the road that runs up from LiuHe Lu, near the TouShanMen stop - Do you know where the Keji dorm is off campus (across the road)? Well, go up that road, and it's about 50m before the top end corner. Do past the Chinese Indian restaurant (if you know that place).

I think the area is called DongHe...

I think I know the street you’re talking about. I went to get lamien noodles there a few times, never ventured any further than lamien place though. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, sainthood said:

So what you're saying is... YOU prefer an area with lots of noise, pollution, cars, people, etc etc... and don't like views of hills, lots of trees and all that. YOU prefer to be in the city and nearer to clubs, drinks, and all that stuff...

Sure, I'd like a few more restaurants out this way as well... but I'm quite content to have what I need in relatively easy travel distance (granted, I come from Australia, where a 45min trip is 'just down the road').

I'm talking about student life...  Students don't sit in their room watching dome crappy mountains and trees every day.  Campus is also totally dead.  There is 1 supermarket and that's it (at zust).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016年9月10日 at 9:10 AM, Arnaud said:

Hello Lin,

I'm French and just arrived in Hz. I'm not student anymore but still feel like. I could help you with French.

Plus i would go to Shangai, so let's go drink some beers together!

 

Arnaud

Hello there,

My name is Lyan(Lee Yi-yang), I am doing contemporary art and fashion design. And I also am good at drawing, helping people choose their outfits!!!

I graduated from China Academy of Art (l'Académie Supérieur Nationale des Beaux-Arts de Chine).

I come from hangzhou. I have lived in Paris and London, and now I am trying to move to London. I travailed around Europe.

My speaking French is B2, writing/grammar is A2 lol mdr. My English level is quite similar, I am always having a thing for British/English/accent etc.

I love learning culture, languages. I'd like to learn Norwegian, and Italian next. I could pay for it, but I am still trying to put my shit together , so if we could do languages/art/drawing skill exchange that would be wonderful

I hope when you hear why am I interested in learning Norwegian, you could be touched haha

I meet a Norwegian boy when I worked in London, I am a guy also :) hope you're not homophobe ;pThere is no better way to know him more than speak his mother langue.I want to surprise him XD

And also at the moment it is impossible to have gay marriage in China, as I said I am trying to move to Europe, so it is always necessary to improve my language skill.

[please send me private message for my contact information]

Please contact me if you're interested 

Warm regards :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now