GraceV

Just enrolled at Zheda

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, my name is Grace, I just moved to Hangzhou to do my Masters in Biochemistry at Zhejiang University. I'm originally from Virginia in USA and I will be living here for at least 2 years. I'd love to make some new friends, especially some fellow foreign students. I'm at the Zijingang campus, but I also have some classes in Yuquan, so I can easily meet up at either location. Also looking for potential roommates to live near Zijingang... 

Wish you all the best!

Looking for a job ? The job is looking for you too !  Please UPLOAD/BUILD your resume first → HERE.

Hey Grace, welcome! I’m Max, doing a postdoc at ZJUT, another university in Hangzhou. Different field to yours though, physics. I went to Zijingang a few months ago for a conference and I saw quite a few foreign students (and even staff!). 

Yes , there are lots of foreign students here. I've met people from all over the world in the past few days- India, Nigeria, Russia, Germany, etc. etc. There are actually too many of us to fit in the dorms, so the university is sticking us in a hotel! I'm hoping to rent an apartment soon though, I need a place with a kitchen. 

Ah my arch-nemesis, physics... It's nice to meet a fellow academic though. :) 

@GraceV Hey! I'm also in the hanting hotel. Not too enthusiastic about it ;). If you're looking for a potential roommate, count me in! From what I understand, it is much cheaper to rent something with multiple bedrooms. It ain't easy to deal with Chinese landlords tho.. Would love to hang out soon. 

Hanging hotels are a hit or a miss.  Apartments in the area of zhijing campus used to be around 3000 a months,  for 3 bedrooms.  But this was like 3 years ago,  so I guess the price went up,  as usual in hz. 

Landlords are also a hit and a miss,  if i were you guys,  I check out the apartment real good before taking it,  keep in mind that you can't do anything about the furniture.