• 0
Mr. Zheng

Degree Authentication required?



Have been reading some chatter on some other boards that our college degrees need to be "authenticated", and would like to know if anyone, especially Americans have gotten this done and what might be required, especially for Americans. I plan on going back to the USA in January and would like to stay on top of things. One thing that is a concern is having to deal with the Chinese consulate, with the nearest ones near me is hundreds of miles away, and walking around the streets of Chicago (Chicago in Russian is "Siberia") in February looking for an address is not my idea of entertainment.

I guess I can swing by the Foreign Expert Bureau and ask them. However what frustrates me no end about Chinese is that they do not know anything, or give bad or incorrect information. Has anyone gone through this process if necessary? Thank you.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

28 answers to this question

  • 0
On 2/14/2017 at 0:54 PM, unclemax said:

If the criminal record check is needed for work you can scan your prints at a few places and get the result relatively quickly, however I believe that such result cannot be apostilled by the State Department. So for our purposes, yes. You need to find a fingerprinting specialist, do the prints on a special form and mail it to the FBI.


I don’t know what’s their website, I attach the map showing physical location. I suggest asking a Chinese friend to help you find their website though because if you want to submit diploma for authentication you need to pay a fee in advance.

Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 12.49.29.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 12.49.04.png

Awesome, thanks for the map



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Looking for a job ? The job is looking for you too !  Please UPLOAD/BUILD your resume first → HERE.
  • 0

Hey there guys, it's about that time of year for visa renewal in a couple of months. Has anyone been through the process and used that authentication service provided with success? Otherwise, it looks like a pain in the rump!

As for the "No Criminal History", can I get one here (a stamped paper showing no criminal record) through the US embassy or online? This sounds like a nightmare from hell. No wonder there are fewer foreigners coming to here to teach. Too many timely and costly factors to bother, almost.




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Hangzhou Weekly

    The “Made in China” Anti-Tour for Expats Visiting Hangzhou
    Posted on Wednesday October 12, 2016

    Posted on Friday July 08, 2016

    Publishing my first book
    Posted on Friday June 17, 2016

    49 schools to be set up in next 3 years in Jianggan
    Posted on Monday June 13, 2016

    Kissing Cultures
    Posted on Thursday June 09, 2016

  • Posts

    • I just repaired my computer (mac book pro) for 830 RMB. 430 for a hard disk 1TB and 400 for a new battery. He cleaned the computer and installed everything for this price. Hard disk SSD 128 GB for 400 RMB. Did not try to bargain, because he needs a lot of time to reinstall the os on the hard disk, he could not install it on the SSD. The guy don't speak english, if you want his contact send me a pm
    • Hi, We have a job offer to be an early childhood educator, we have specific music program that requires dancing skill, maybe your friend might interested into it. If so, please send us her resume to hf.pongrekun@gmail.com Thanks,
    • i looking for girl playmate    near to.xiaoheshan
    • My Gym Early Childhood Education Center, the leading brand in the industry is looking for full time teachers. Currently we have 6 centers operated around Hangzhou (Wanda Shopping Mall, Zhongda In Time Shopping Mall, Fuxing Road, Chengdong District, Baolong City Shopping Mall, Xingyao Shopping Mall) and still expanding. To know more about My Gym, please check our website www.mygymchina.com or www.mygym.com Below are the criteria for the candidate: Chinese Nationality  1. Able to speak English fluently with CET 6 or TEM 4 certificate.
      2. Love children and have passion in working in positive environment.
      3. Have interest in sports, music and art.
      4. Candidate with working experience and career oriented preferred.
      5. Willing to work during weekend. Foreigner 1. Able to speak English Fluently (Native Speaker is not a must) with foreigner passport.
      2. Love children and have passion in working in positive environment.
      3. Willing to attend our Formal Training Process.
      4. Reliable
      5. Candidate with working experience and career oriented preferred.
      6. Willing to work during weekend.
      7. Currently residing in China. 
      (salary offered 10K - 15k per month).
        If you're interested, please submit your application to hf.pongrekun@gmail.com. Application materials include:
      1. Resume
      2. Passport (Only page containing of your ID and Current Visa).
      3. Recent Photo
      4. Introductory video (min. 60' max. 3 minutes) As soon as we received your application, we will contact you so make sure that you have reachable contact.