matje

Buying new MSI, Alienware, or Asus gaming laptop

Hi,

Anyone can tell me what is the best way to purchase MSI, ALienware or Asus K501UX in Hangzhou up to 5000rmb price?

Is that possible?

Thanks in Advance

Aleksandar Bogdanovic

Looking for a job ? The job is looking for you too !  Please UPLOAD/BUILD your resume first → HERE.

I doubt that you can... firstly, I looked at the Asus model you referred to, and looked for the US price on Newegg... it's going for about $950... From what I've seen, price tend to double the US exchange rate (which currently is about 7RMB:1USD. So, $950 is going to be around 6500RMB... and that's without adding in the 40% import tax, plus additional profits! JD.com has one at about 7800RMB, but others at 10000. And online prices are usually cheaper than in-store.

I don't know about your MSI or Alienware, but both are unlikely to be much cheaper with the specs I imagine you're after.

21 hours ago, unclemax said:

>40% import tax

Is there a trade war already?

Well, for some things... but prices are near to double, so I wonder why (cos I doubt that it's all transportation...).

Thank you, friends, for your response.

I found about an Alienware shop in a shopping mall near West Lake, I am going to check this out today.

Yes, these machines are a bit expensive.

And what about Taobao? I have found about 5000rmb MSI laptops there, that are usually 7000+

Do you recommend buying something like this on Taobao?

If you go to that store, please tell us the specs and prices you're seeing there...

On 12/30/2016 at 1:08 PM, sainthood said:

Well, for some things... but prices are near to double, so I wonder why (cos I doubt that it's all transportation...).

I noticed that for food, not for gadgets though. 

Ok, my bad. Current prices (for what I'm looking for, at least) have a 25% difference between US and China... but then, I'm only looking at MSI, a Taiwanese manufacturer.

And 25% was an online price - not shop.

Yeah, also mind that in the US the sales tax is not initially shown. Plus I’ve heard there is a “luxury goods tax” in China, I guess those two would account for the difference. 

21 hours ago, unclemax said:

Yeah, also mind that in the US the sales tax is not initially shown.

That's just silly! In Aus, we have the GST, and it is required by law that the price shown includes GST - so often, the price is shown, with the dollar value of the GST in brackets after it.

On 1/6/2017 at 2:01 PM, sainthood said:

That's just silly! In Aus, we have the GST, and it is required by law that the price shown includes GST - so often, the price is shown, with the dollar value of the GST in brackets after it.

I'm not American myself but I think it makes a lot of sense to make it very clear how much of your money actually goes to the Man.