Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Austin Preiss

Hangzhou Feedback ? Advice ?

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am from USA(Colorado) and am looking to move to Hangzhou in February. I am wondering if anyone can give me feedback on their daily life here who are currently teaching . Would like to know more about food , nightlife , and making friends . Was it an easy place to adapt ? I am half Chinese half American and can speak a bit of Chinese but have never moved outside the states. I will only be teaching 15 hours a week so I will have a lot of free time . 

Also, is Binjiang a good area to live in ? That's where my school is located but I'm currently looking for apartments in a good location where I can find many things to do. Thx in advance for your feedback . Also , I would love to connect with any new ppl on WeChat to make some friends prior to my arrival ;)

Looking for a job ? The job is looking for you too !  Please UPLOAD/BUILD your resume first → HERE.

Hi Austin,

I'm a translator working in Bingjiang, Hangzhou. Now I'm back home. I can  not give your advice about teaching since I'm not a teacher. 

There are all kinds of food there. You  can find Japanese food, Korean food and western food like steaks. Hangzhou food is local specialty. 

About nightlife, I've never been to a bar before. There is splendid light show in Qianjiang xincheng every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday night. And there is toastmaster club in Binjiang where English lovers deliver speeches in Tuesday night.

In  Bingjiang there  are many companies. Star  Avenue is a  place for fun. Which school are you going to teach at? And what's your budget for the apartment? I may help to look for the place for you.

I hope you will have a good time in Hangzhou, China! It's a city with a profound culture. You  can have a glimpse of the local culture here!

Angeline

Hi Austin,

I'm a translator working in Bingjiang, Hangzhou. Now I'm back home. I can  not give your advice about teaching since I'm not a teacher. 

There are all kinds of food there. You  can find Japanese food, Korean food and western food like steaks. Hangzhou food is local specialty. 

About nightlife, I've never been to a bar before. There is splendid light show in Qianjiang xincheng every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday night. And there is toastmaster club in Binjiang where English lovers deliver speeches in Tuesday night.

In  Bingjiang there  are many companies. Star  Avenue is a  place for fun. Which school are you going to teach at? And what's your budget for the apartment? I may help to look for the place for you.

I hope you will have a good time in Hangzhou, China! It's a city with a profound culture. You  can have a glimpse of the local culture here!

Angeline

10 hours ago, Shanewall said:

No need to be an ass Din2go. Not everybody has time to trawl through looking.

Yep, the lazy bastards who are too busy to read the multiple answers to the same questions over and over again. Oh dear!

It's all good, guys.  Maybe some fresh answers are called for - Binjiang seems pretty cool.  Lots of new places opening up there.  And if you're close to the metro line (especially line 1), then you're a quick ride away from a lot of other cool parts of the city.

I like how the streets don't feel so packed in when riding bikes in Binjiang as well.  

Someone pointed out to me how there tends to be a lot more standard Mandarin being spoken in Binjiang because of all the companies there, many of them foreign.  The older districts often have thick local accents, and use their own dialects more often.

Only 15 hours of teaching? Cool, although I wouldn't be surprised if it gets stretch to 20 somehow. Come ready with lots of easy games in mind.