hsuan.yang

Any decent/EU-style bakeries in Hangzhou?

Question

Hi everyone, 

I was wondering if anyone knows of a place in Hangzhou where they sell 'European' bread? 

Perhaps the Belgians (and maybe the Dutch), Germans or the French will know what I mean. 

:D 

5 answers to this question

On 1/11/2017 at 5:24 PM, hsuan.yang said:

Hi everyone, 

I was wondering if anyone knows of a place in Hangzhou where they sell 'European' bread? 

Perhaps the Belgians (and maybe the Dutch), Germans or the French will know what I mean. 

:D 

I remember there was a job ad for the French bakery run by the French on this forum. Try looking for it and see if they’re still in business.

Looking for a job ? The job is looking for you too !  Please UPLOAD/BUILD your resume first → HERE.

There is a bakery called Paris Baguette at power long shopping mall in binjiang... the baguette is very nice but they usually overcook it, getting it too dark for me. The croissant is good but not the same as the brussel's  bakeries I've been.

Prior to the opening of this place, we just had the classic soft-sweet-classic-chinese-minded-european-bread. 

Keep in mind, it's good but do not get too excited about it...

The French bakery that was looking for an assistant earlier is called La Semencerie. You can order bread from them and they deliver to your door. There's usually a minimum order like 10 bagettes, or 6 country loaves, but we just freeze the bread and it defrosts really well. Order through their wechat

Depends where you are, and how far you're willing to travel.

BLT has an ok bread range of various types.

Paris Baguette is a chain store, and not really that great.

Revaud is up near WenSan Lu, WangTang lu kou.. Louis is it's owner, and yes, he's actually French. He doesn't seem to do as much with loaves of bread, as it's more of a patisserie rather than bakery. He's got a wechat group for other things he does.