Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
packersfan

Holding Your Own ESL Classes

Question

Has anyone here started their own ESL school, whether in a rented location or just out of your apartment?  Is there any legal way to do it as a foreigner.  I'm married to a Chinese citizen and we want to open ESL classes in her hometown.

3 answers to this question

If you mean legally - yes, it's possible. But, you'll be jumping through bureaucratic crap for months...

Also, legally, you can NOT do it out of your apartment... workplace and home must be different.

Looking for a job ? The job is looking for you too !  Please UPLOAD/BUILD your resume first → HERE.
On 07/02/2017 at 0:07 PM, sainthood said:

Also, legally, you can NOT do it out of your apartment... workplace and home must be different.

I don't want to come across like a fool here and suggest the CCP are capable of common sense, but surely its more of a zoning/registration thing because that would make working from home illegal, unless your talking about the registered address of the business, then it would make sense

2 minutes ago, Slythe said:

I don't want to come across like a fool here and suggest the CCP are capable of common sense, but surely its more of a zoning/registration thing because that would make working from home illegal, unless your talking about the registered address of the business, then it would make sense

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Of course, it would still be illegal if you don't pay tax on your earnings... However, that's just an amusing concept  :p