Eitsky

Import Supermarket

22 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm moving to Hangzhou next week from Jinan. We have a couple import stores here including Ole. I was wondering if there are any equivalents in Hangzhou? I'll be living in Yuhang district.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Looking for a job ? The job is looking for you too !  Please UPLOAD/BUILD your resume first → HERE.

Most of the supermarkets in Hangzhou will offer a small section with imported foods. Below you’ll see the names of several of the large supermarkets which offer imported foods.

 

1.     Hangzhou Tower {Dasha} (Wulin Square downtown)

 

2.     Sam’s Club (close to Xixi Wetlands)

 

3.     Metro (2 locations-North HZ and East HZ)

 

4.     Carrefour (Yanan Road)

 

 

Another option is to consider ordering food from Shanghai. Several of companies offer delivery service to HZ every week.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ole equivalent is BLT in Intime Pingshui lu. Unfortunately, it's not really good (only rates as 'ok' in my books).

The name Ole was already taken, so.... (I got this info from one of the managers in a Shanghai Ole).

There's also a new-ish import only place opened on XueYuan Lu - opposite the language testing centre, between TianMuShan Lu and HuangGuShan Lu/WenSan Lu.... again, not great (especially for what I buy).

I think there's an import shop in the EAC complex.

There are a number of threads on the various merits of each of the supermarkets mentioned.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone looking for foreign markets, I did end up finding an Ole after all. It's located in the MIXC Mall. The gigantic one at Jiangjin Station (Line 4). Take the B1 exit.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/02/2017 at 6:09 PM, Eitsky said:

For anyone looking for foreign markets, I did end up finding an Ole after all. It's located in the MIXC Mall. The gigantic one at Jiangjin Station (Line 4). Take the B1 exit.

Did you go inside and check it out? If so, any good???

As I said above, the Ole in Shanghai couldn't use the name in Hangzhou, because it had already been taken... by the one you just mentioned!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to live in Jinan and I liked the foreign markets there better to be honest. With that said, this Ole is still really good. It's huge and has meat and dairy sections.  One aspect where they have Jinan beat is their produce department. It looks really well maintained and they have beet root!! I've been in China for close to 3 years and haven't seen beet root anywhere. Anyways, yeah I'd recommend checking it out.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is another Ole supermarket in the basement of the new Kerry Center, which offers a slightly different selection of goods. BTW both the one in MIXC as well as the Kerry Center are part of the Ole chain, so your VIP cards are accepted as in Shanghai or Jinan. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I go to BLT at the Intime mall and Ole at MIXC. Ole is far better in my books. I've scored very good salmon there on occasion. The service and prices at the BLT are attrocious. Its an option of last resort, but they do have brussel sprouts on occasion which was my beetroot when I first got here. Carrefour has the best prices for some dairy products I find. Ordering online is the best deal however. Overall you will be disappointed compared to Shanghai standards, especially the Japanese store in Jingan. Nothing like it here in Hangzhou.

For bread there are only two places as far as I'm concerned. Bakery & Musssel, down the street from Carrefour and the French run Ravaud Bakery & Cafe, on Tangmiau Rd. Prices better at Ravaud but I slightly prefer B&M's selection. They make an excellent dark raisin/walnut loaf. Wish I lived closer to B&M. 

Now I'm curious to check out the Kerry Center locationn and also I can't thinkof where there is an import shop at EAC? Details please.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2017 at 5:26 PM, Eitsky said:

I'm new to town. Where is the Kerry Center? What subway station/line should I use?

Fengqi Rd, on the Red Line 1

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Drown. I'll check out the Kerry Center and see if it's any better. 

Salmon! That's what I'm looking for. I found a place near me but they only sell sashimi style salmon. I want some salmon I can cook. For some reason, Ole didn't have any when I went there.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fields delivers groceries on Wednesdays and Sundays. Metro is probably your best bet for salmon, but neither location is subway travel friendly. The new Ole is good for specialty items, but I prefer Metro for my main international shopping trips. There is also a new one called G-Super, but I can't remember the address (I go there on my bike, so I don't know the address).

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Scottwk,

I don't think Fields will work for me since I live in Yuhang. G Super! That's one of the foreign markets I used to frequent back in Jinan. I used to buy salmon there. They were great.  If anyone knows the address or how to get there, let me know!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2017 at 5:14 PM, Eitsky said:

Thanks Drown. I'll check out the Kerry Center and see if it's any better. 

Salmon! That's what I'm looking for. I found a place near me but they only sell sashimi style salmon. I want some salmon I can cook. For some reason, Ole didn't have any when I went there.

 

 

You have to ask at the fish counter and I guess its really dependent on which clerk you get. We asked at the Kerry Center today and got thoroughly insulted by the  ass clown there. He insulted my wife telling her that if she couldn't afford the sushi grade sashimi salmon she should go shop elsewhere. Needless to say it was our first and last visit. I doubt he even knows what salmon taste like prepared any other way. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn maybe I won't check that place out then. What a prick. Well if you are looking for sashimi and willing to go to Linping station, I know a guy. The salmon is from the Netherlands and it comes in every Friday. Really good quality the one time I had it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, Eitsky said:

Damn maybe I won't check that place out then. What a prick. Well if you are looking for sashimi and willing to go to Linping station, I know a guy. The salmon is from the Netherlands and it comes in every Friday. Really good quality the one time I had it.

I'm not looking for sashimi BUT I would buy 1KG of Norwegian salmon as filets or steaks every week if this guy  can provide it. MAybe you can share his contact info with me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem with metro is that its really far. I can probably get to Shanghai on the train faster.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Eitsky said:

Thanks Scottwk,

I don't think Fields will work for me since I live in Yuhang. G Super! That's one of the foreign markets I used to frequent back in Jinan. I used to buy salmon there. They were great.  If anyone knows the address or how to get there, let me know!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Their wechat is G-superyx. It should still be the same VIP account you used in Jinan, if you had one.

绿地全球商品直销中心杭州店
地址:杭州市拱墅区大关路98号运河商务中心5幢1楼
电话:0571-5666 7199

 

Fields says they deliver to Yuhang. The only problem for Hangzhou is I don't think they'll guarantee the time of the delivery, but if you're gonna be at home on a Wednesday, Saturday, or Sunday it's a good option.
 

G-super.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 11.53.31 AM.png

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, drown said:

 

I'm not looking for sashimi BUT I would buy 1KG of Norwegian salmon as filets or steaks every week if this guy  can provide it. MAybe you can share his contact info with me.

I don't think he'll have steaks or filets but I'll give you his wechat info regardless.   The username for the business is wxid_g6s1a2s3i1ii12. It's owned by a couple and mostly run by the wife. I know the husband, Mike. He speaks a bit of English.

By the way, I went to the Kerry center after all. The mall there is awesome but the Ole pales in comparison to the other location.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, scottwk said:

Their wechat is G-superyx. It should still be the same VIP account you used in Jinan, if you had one.

绿地全球商品直销中心杭州店
地址:杭州市拱墅区大关路98号运河商务中心5幢1楼
电话:0571-5666 7199

 

Fields says they deliver to Yuhang. The only problem for Hangzhou is I don't think they'll guarantee the time of the delivery, but if you're gonna be at home on a Wednesday, Saturday, or Sunday it's a good option.
 

G-super.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 11.53.31 AM.png

Damn! Thanks Scott, that's super helpful. It'd be way easier getting these things delivered rather than making the trek downtown. That G Super looks hard to get to. Still curious enough that I'll probably check it out though. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now