Rorsistance

New Menu Suggestions For Wade's

Hi All, Wade’s are looking for new menu recommendations. So if you have any ideas about a dish you’d love to see on the menu then let us know, if it generates enough interest we’ll give it a trial and if it’s popular enough it will become a regular feature on the menu. Please give us the name of the dish, a brief description of what it is and a photo of the finished dish. Cheers.

new menu.png

味德-LOGO.png

Looking for a job ? The job is looking for you too !  Please UPLOAD/BUILD your resume first → HERE.

I’d love some Middle Eastern-ish food, at least at the level of starters, say pita bread and humus, falafel. Maybe (dönner) kebab as main dish, too. I don’t think I need to explain what these are but feel free to reply if you want to know more.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, unclemax said:

I’d love some Middle Eastern-ish food, at least at the level of starters, say pita bread and humus, falafel. Maybe (dönner) kebab as main dish, too. I don’t think I need to explain what these are but feel free to reply if you want to know more.

Pita bread and humus sound good:)

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, unclemax said:

+1 

It would be awesome to have good North African/Mid-Eastern food in Hangzhou. 

XiaoHeShan has a few middle-eastern type restaurants!!! I went to an Uzbeki restaurant called "Aladin" (sic) just the other day.

Also, there is Sana'a - a Yemeni restaurant, a full Saudi restaurant only a few hundred meters from Sana'a (I forget the name of it, but it's a person's name), and another one I haven't tried called Hercules, only 100m from the other unnamed restaurant.

I usually head over to Sana'a - nice food, good price, Barbican, saffron Arabic rice... yum yum yum!!!

As for Wade's - I've already told you want I expect... PAVLOVA!!!! ::D :D :D  (although, I can make it myself at home :D)

How about Lasagne?? I think VY used to have it some years ago, no??

A good Risotto would also be nice!! Chicken and Mushroom. (but with good rice - not standard Chinese rice!)

Waldorf Salad - apples, celery, walnuts, grapes in a (good, homemade) mayonnaise sauce.

Potato and Bacon soup.

And, please ORDER the kitchen staff to wash their hands after going to the loo! NO - not "in the kitchen" - in the bathroom, where we can see... cos It looks really really bad just seeing them walk out. I'm making this a public post, because I've told Wade & the managers MANY times... but it just doesn't seem to sink in....!

• Upvote 2

The food at Vineyard's was mediocre to awful. Just stating an opinion. The only time the food was good there, and it was good was when a foreigner named Rueben had the kitchen. Since it is the same owner, I do not really expect the new location to be much different in the quality of the food. The waitstaff and other employees of the place just goes through the motions and there is no quality or real friendliness or any desire to make the place better than it was. But this comes from the owner and not the staff.

But not so much on dumping on Wade's enterprises, there isn't anyone who can make decent western food in Hangzhou. Charcoal somewhat comes close, but it only makes me miss home more. Eudora on Nanshan Road is about my favorite. Not LOUD (until they bring out the band) with good music, decent to good food, if you are willing to pay their prices for it. A nice T-Bone dinner there is 275-300 RMB. Add a couple of beers/drinks and the tab runs up to 500 or more. Another thing I like about Eudoras is that the waitstaff doesn't either shadow you and point you to where you dont want to sit, or run away from you. Most Chinese waiters needs to be trained on how to do their jobs. Give menu-get drink order-give guest time to order-bring drink-take order, and dont point out bullshit I dont want.

In short, very few restaurants in Hangzhou are worth a damn, and it is much better if you know how to cook. However, there are little gems and places if you look and let your senses be your guide. You can eat at Wade's but make sure you dont have heartburn and make sure you have enough toilet paper in the morning. You heard it here first.

On 2/17/2017 at 11:12 PM, sainthood said:

XiaoHeShan has a few middle-eastern type restaurants!!! I went to an Uzbeki restaurant called "Aladin" (sic) just the other day.

Also, there is Sana'a - a Yemeni restaurant, a full Saudi restaurant only a few hundred meters from Sana'a (I forget the name of it, but it's a person's name), and another one I haven't tried called Hercules, only 100m from the other unnamed restaurant.

I usually head over to Sana'a - nice food, good price, Barbican, saffron Arabic rice... yum yum yum!!!

As for Wade's - I've already told you want I expect... PAVLOVA!!!! ::D :D :D  (although, I can make it myself at home :D)

How about Lasagne?? I think VY used to have it some years ago, no??

A good Risotto would also be nice!! Chicken and Mushroom. (but with good rice - not standard Chinese rice!)

Waldorf Salad - apples, celery, walnuts, grapes in a (good, homemade) mayonnaise sauce.

Potato and Bacon soup.

And, please ORDER the kitchen staff to wash their hands after going to the loo! NO - not "in the kitchen" - in the bathroom, where we can see... cos It looks really really bad just seeing them walk out. I'm making this a public post, because I've told Wade & the managers MANY times... but it just doesn't seem to sink in....!

What are the street addresses for e.g. Aladin and Sana'a?

23 hours ago, unclemax said:

What are the street addresses for e.g. Aladin and Sana'a?

I don't know!!!! Sheesh! They're in little side streets in small little 'cuns'... I just know where they are.

Firstly, Aladin - go to DongHu (sp?) behind the dorms for Keji Xueyuan (opposite the uni, not next to it). There's only ONE road up from LiuHe Lu, so go up that to the end (of the real road, not up the little non-road thing - this will make sense when you see it!) Turn right at the top corner (naturally), and go to the first 'intersection' or parting of the houses that looks like it might go somewhere... and you should see a big vertical sign on a wall that says "Uzbegistani". (there are LOTS of foreign students around the area, so you can just ask).

Sana'a - go to the XiaoHeShan bus terminal. Walk up that side road (from LiuHe lu, again), til you get to the FIRST cross street going LEFT. Go up that side 'street', and you'll see it (easily) on the right after you cross the 'bridge' (there's a small creek under it). At the bridge (which is about 100m from that intersection where you turned left), look to 2 o'clock and you'll see a restaurant with glass doors - that's it! Again, LOTS of foreign students around, so you can ask if you get lost.

6 hours ago, Valentina casillo said:

I would like to recommend you some italian nice dishes, simple, tasteful and easy to make... if you are interested in italian food :) 

I asked about Lasagne, but I don't think that's likely to happen :(

They already have a 'bolognaise' and 'carbonara' (with Chinese characteristics). Gnocchi would be nice..and a nice risotto (if they can get the right rice).

It also be nice if they actually MADE Tiramisu.....

What else do you suggest?

EDIT: But, TBH, if I want to eat GOOD Italian, I'd just go to a REAL Italian restaurant, with a REAL Italian chef!!!

• Upvote 1