Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Christy Kwon

Russian LQA/Translator

1 post in this topic

The main role of the LQA (Language quality assurance) will be to serve as a gatekeeper for the quality of translations (grammar, spelling and punctuation, meaning accuracy -loyalty to source, style, terminology and consistency). You will work with a team and under the supervision of a mentor to complete linguistic projects according to the requests of clients. You will gain real work experience and learn to communicate with project managers and other employees, to manage your workload and time, to use translation tools (like CAT), and more.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Actual translations from English to Russian for non-technical and technical texts.
• Proofreading/reviewing existing translations against the English source.
• Other linguistic-related tasks (Audio transcription, WinAlign, etc...)
Previous experience and/or familiarity with the technical and Ul terminologies (English & native language) for the fields mentioned below will be an advantage.
• IT - Computer software & hardware
• Telecommunications (Cellphone Manuals & Ul)
• Technical Engineering
• Marketing translations for the fields mentioned above
Note: Technical text will be provided with glossaries, TMs, and sufficient reference files to aid in translations.

Desired Skills:
• Fast and Efficient (not sacrificing quality for speed)
• Mature & Professional
• Hardworking & Dedicated
• Ability to work in a team setting.
• Pro-active, Confident and Organized
• Resourceful (good at researching terminologies)
• Detail-Oriented / Eye for detail
• Good communication skills (English & Chinese)
• Has a passion for translations and linguistics
• Keenness for electronic devices, particularly smartphones

Background/Training:
• Native Russian speaker with profound knowledge of the local culture.
• Must have a very good comprehension of written and spoken English; Chinese proficiency is also preferred.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and their functions.
• Basic knowledge of Internet & Email communication applications.
• Has at least three years of experience as translator in the ICT industry.

If you are interested in further information send your CV and cover letter to Alma Gomez at alma.gomez@csoftintl.com
To learn more about CSOFT, our business, vision, people, and available opportunities, please visit our website at http://www.csoftintl.com.

csoftlogo-1.png

Looking for a job ? The job is looking for you too !  Please UPLOAD/BUILD your resume first → HERE.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Hangzhou Weekly

hacked by Kareem_HaCkEr
    Posted on Wednesday October 12, 2016

Posted on Friday July 08, 2016

Publishing my first book
    Posted on Friday June 17, 2016

China, black is beautiful too
    Posted on Monday June 13, 2016

Kissing Cultures
    Posted on Thursday June 09, 2016

• I don't know!!!! Sheesh! They're in little side streets in small little 'cuns'... I just know where they are. Firstly, Aladin - go to DongHu (sp?) behind the dorms for Keji Xueyuan (opposite the uni, not next to it). There's only ONE road up from LiuHe Lu, so go up that to the end (of the real road, not up the little non-road thing - this will make sense when you see it!) Turn right at the top corner (naturally), and go to the first 'intersection' or parting of the houses that looks like it might go somewhere... and you should see a big vertical sign on a wall that says "Uzbegistani". (there are LOTS of foreign students around the area, so you can just ask).   Sana'a - go to the XiaoHeShan bus terminal. Walk up that side road (from LiuHe lu, again), til you get to the FIRST cross street going LEFT. Go up that side 'street', and you'll see it (easily) on the right after you cross the 'bridge' (there's a small creek under it). At the bridge (which is about 100m from that intersection where you turned left), look to 2 o'clock and you'll see a restaurant with glass doors - that's it! Again, LOTS of foreign students around, so you can ask if you get lost.
    • Hi all We are an Indian family with daughter of 3 yrs old, live in Hangzhou. We live near to Fengqi Road Subway. I would like to know which place is  have a international kindergarten for my child. I would prefer the area near Fenggi Road Subway, Xihu Qu or close to Hangzhou No 14 High School. Please help me to get more information on this . Awaiting for your feed backs.
    • Thanks.  I'll try that.  Very helpful!!!
    • Also mind that there might be limits on withdrawing money back from Alipay to your bank account, as in, first X RMB can be withdrawn for free and then you must pay a fee, so treat it rather like a current expenses account or a way to pay for things (when money is transferred from your bank account to Alipay during the transaction).
    • Go to mobile.alipay.com on your phone and you will be able to download and install an .apk file (not sure about the app language though). Totally. To register your UnionPay card you’ll need to enter your name, mobile number and passport number you used when you opened your bank account. Make sure you enter everything precisely as is stated in bank documents, e.g. it’s probably SURNAMEFIRSTNAME and also make sure ID type is Passport, not national ID card.