Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Umut

Zhejiang University of Media and Communication

10 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to study non-degree Chinese language program for a year at Zhejiang University of Media and Communication. I choose Hangzhou because it is a nice tier-2 city that is close to Shaghai and my main reason for choosing ZUMC is it being the cheapest with 10.000 RMB per year for the program and 4.800 RMB for a single room.

Can anyone comment on the university?

I could not find any info regarding the university and my mails to the university had been answered with a very poor level of English(Google translate?) so any and all advise is appericiated.

Looking for a job ? The job is looking for you too !  Please UPLOAD/BUILD your resume first → HERE.

http://eng.zjicm.edu.cn/index.aspx

ZUMC has 2 Campuses, Xiasha, and Tongxiang (about 40km away with regular school buses running between the two campuses.)

I think you will only be at Xiasha. Both relatively new. English ain't a specialty of the English department secretarial staff but you'll manage. Best! 

ZUMC is far from downtown

why not chosing Zhejiang University? one of the top 3 Uni in China, better environment, in dwontown

6 hours ago, lissie said:

ZUMC is far from downtown

why not chosing Zhejiang University? one of the top 3 Uni in China, better environment, in dwontown

Yeah Zhejiang University is a better choise however also more than twice expensive as well. I have a limited budget so the reason for ZUMC

18 hours ago, Umut said:

Yeah Zhejiang University is a better choise however also more than twice expensive as well. I have a limited budget so the reason for ZUMC

well, it makes sense.  in fact there are some other unis which have better international education. here's the list, I think there must be one's fee not too expensive.anyway, good luck!

浙江大学

中国美术学院

浙江师范大学

浙江工商大学

浙江科技学院

Here are some of the universities I checked and cost of 1 year language program plus accomodation(single room)

Zhejiang University - 36.000 RMB

Zhejiang Normal University - 26.800 RMB

Zhejiang University of Science and Technology - 25.000 RMB

Zhejiang Gongshang University - 25.000 RMB

Hangzhou Dianzi University - 20.700 RMB

Zhejiang University of Media and Communications - 14.800 RMB

14 hours ago, Bette said:

Why not call them to ask

Sent them an email but reply was written with a poor English so I highly doubt they can understand or response verbally :)