Hangzhou Expat
Sign in to follow this  
Umut

Price comparison

I am going to need a new laptop but need to compare prices between Turkey and China before I move there

Could you recommend online stores for me to check prices? Preferably a website with English translation

Thanks in advance

Buy in Turkey. Here you will get all the Chinese rubbish pre-installed which will drive you nuts and fake English windows and programs which will cause more problems than it's worth. Turkey or Hong Kong are the go.. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Ding2go said:

Buy in Turkey. Here you will get all the Chinese rubbish pre-installed which will drive you nuts and fake English windows and programs which will cause more problems than it's worth. Turkey or Hong Kong are the go.. 

Thanks Ding2go

What about parts? Would it be possible to find laptop components like memory or ssd there? Just hardware

I found few laptops that would be more than enough for my needs with few minor upgrades here and even if the software is a problem when buying a computer hardware should not be right? I hope it is not :)

• Upvote 1

If you have basic computing knowledge, you could buy it here and then reinstall windows (windows 10 is easy to install and use a hot key). 

My computer was bought here and I have no problem so far! For your questions about english websites to shop, it's kinda hard.

suning.com and jd.com are the webs I always search for computer parts and components. You have many lenovo options with good prices and very nice configuration.

I've bought an Ideapad 310S with max configuration(I7, 8 gb DDR4, 256 GB SSD, good graphics card) for about 4500 rmb if I'm not wrong.

I find that Taobao - with JD and others on there - while in Chinese, are still fairly easy to navigate. They usually have the specs in English (and, often, a jpg of the English promotion materials for the products).

Failing that, if you have a translation program (including just using Baidu Fanyi), you can C&P the bits of Chinese relevant to various stats... such as making sure you're looking at L3 cache rather than video ram.

One problem that Taobao and its ilk to have - often there are different prices listed for what appears to be the same machine - those are the various upgrades you can get with it... usually HDD, but sometimes RAM or even video card.

HK is much easier all around....

I just repaired my computer (mac book pro) for 830 RMB. 430 for a hard disk 1TB and 400 for a new battery. He cleaned the computer and installed everything for this price. Hard disk SSD 128 GB for 400 RMB. Did not try to bargain, because he needs a lot of time to reinstall the os on the hard disk, he could not install it on the SSD.

The guy don't speak english, if you want his contact send me a pm