Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Umut

Shopping

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I will be moving to HZ in few months and it will be my first time in China so have lots of questions and will need your support on those :)

Should I bargain for every item I buy? Where can I bargain and where the price is final with no room for bargain?

Looking for a job ? The job is looking for you too !  Please UPLOAD/BUILD your resume first → HERE.

Chains won't let your bargain too much, such as H&M, Uniqlo, suning and so on. If you find some small shops or street commerce you can try to bargain.

What he said... sort of!

There are 'wet markets' around, which sell fresh meat, veg and fruit. Usually, next to or near those are a stack of shops that sell other household gear - rice-cookers, mops, brooms, all that sort of basic stuff. Those are just individual shops owned my mum & dad (and sometimes son and daughter) - so they're much more keen to make a sale.

All of the above can be haggled... but don't expect to be getting rich out of the savings.

You DO need to do some shopping around just to get general ideas of prices (especially if prices aren't clearly displayed on the individual goods - those above may well include a foreigner tax!!!)

Obviously, ANY shop in a tourist district, selling the souvenirs etc, can be haggled - because their prices are ridiculously high to begin with!!!

Almost you don't have to bargain because I believe most of your shopping places are supermarkets, shopping malls or chain shops. The only situation you might bargain is when you buy some souvenirs, fruits or food from a street stall. but usually you can't bargain much. As a Chinese, I even don't like to bargain.:doubtful:

Girls, tell me the names of quality and stylish bags (not world brands) made of genuine leather that you can buy in China