ElenaLC

New in Fuyang! Need more information about the city!

5 posts in this topic

Hi there! 

I am an English teacher and I got a very good offer from a school in Fuyang. My husband and I would move there next August but we have some doubts since we haven't found a lot of information about the city and we are afraid it is too small for social life or for my husband to find a job (he works in business, international commerce mainly).

Could someone who has lived me a little bit more about it?

Is it easy to get to Hangzhou from there?

thank you in advance, 

Elena.  

Looking for a job ? The job is looking for you too !  Please UPLOAD/BUILD your resume first → HERE.

Hi Elena

I'm an English teacher too, on a short-term assignment at a polytechnic on the outskirts of Fuyang. I arrived here a couple of days ago, and am planning on catching a bus into the city to some exploring in the next few days - happy to do some research for you :-)  The campus I'm on is slightly in the middle of nowhere, but thankfully there are buses. When do you need to decide by?

well, you wanna swtich to teach in hangzhou ? we have teaching job for you, fuyang is too small,and little english teachers go there, so  i can say  if you are gonna teach there, you and your husband will have nothing to do on social life.  message me, we have job in hangzhou .

Hi, everybody in this topic

I'm Ethan, a young native in the Fuyang District. I work in a factory in the suburbs and live in the downtown. Besides that, I also learn English in my spare time. I like to make friends with new people and try to find chances to practice my English skills. And I'm familiar with this district, of course. Fuyang basically looks like this:

timg.jpeg.9b30e4ad874ce2d1669182f9c989a973.jpeg

It's a small peaceful town beside the Fuchun River which connects with the Qiantang River. To be honest, it's not very convenient for people to travel from Fuyang to Hangzhou's main district. It takes one and a half hour by bus and maybe an hour by car. But there will be a subway line connecting Fuyang and Hangzhou's main district in 2019. If you guys have any question with living in Fuyang, you can ask me. And as for what I've said, I will try my best to provide help to you for getting the chance to practice my spoken English. The things I can help could include "bike-sharing guide","free driving service","living information","the nearby locations of interest", etc. Ok, so that's it. Please feel free to message me.   Thank you.  :  )

On 2017-5-11 at 9:30 PM, ElenaLC said:

Hi there! 

I am an English teacher and I got a very good offer from a school in Fuyang. My husband and I would move there next August but we have some doubts since we haven't found a lot of information about the city and we are afraid it is too small for social life or for my husband to find a job (he works in business, international commerce mainly).

Could someone who has lived me a little bit more about it?

Is it easy to get to Hangzhou from there?

thank you in advance, 

Elena.  

Elena,

Did you decide to go to Fuyang? I will be there in August as well. 

Rachael