Hangzhou Expat
drown

Foreigner friendly recreational Badminton

Last night walking home I cut through one of the ZU campus and came across a huge gym filled with people of all ages playing badminton. It looked like awesome fun. Reminded me how much I loved playing this sport when I was young. Any ideas of a place one can go to play recreationally and meet other players to play against that is foreigner and family friendly and welcoming of all levels of players?

• Upvote 1

I don't really think you can find regularly playing, exclusively-foreigner group out there. I do know lots of chinese + occasional foreigners badminton groups in Hangzhou. Where do you live? Maybe i can hook you up with some of the groups and what is ZU campus? Zhejiang university campus?

Close to Hangzhouo Da Sha at the intersection in front of the famous restaurant "Xin Bai Lu" there is a 6 floor building where at 5th floor you can play badminton.

There is also a room for ping pong, dart, on the 4 floor there is bowling etc 

• Like 2

I'm also really interested in Badminton for fun.  I used to play once or twice every week before. If anyone knows a place where I could play badminton during weekends or anytime after 6pm near /on Nan Shan road or anywhere in Xi Hu district would be nice! Thank you! :) Still trying to settle in here and hopefully join some sport activities I will enjoy :D

Hi, i am new im Binjiang, Hangzhou. I would like to join badminton group during weekend or evening. If anyone has any recommend to organize new badminton group that i am interesting to join together. my place near Xixing metro station..thankss and hope to had some games next..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Hello! I am looking for someone to take over my room  sometime in June or early July.  The room is in a shared 3 bedroom apartment  with one large fully furnished living room, kitchen, and bathroom. Located near Zhejiang University's Yuquan Campus, near the Alipay Building and Wanke City Center. There are many shops, restaurants, bars,  markets, gyms, etc. nearby. -10 min walk to ZheDa Yuquan Campus. -15 min walk to Metro Station Line 2. -10 min walk to Huang Long Stadium. -3 min walk to Ellen's Bar. -5 min walk to Basement, Socia10. -15 min bike ride to ZheDa Xixi Campus. -20 bike ride to West Lake.   The date when you can move in is negotiable.   If you are interested, please message me on WeChat. My ID is: ErichKinney. Thanks, Erich District: Xihu District Address: 曲荷巷18号2幢3单元302. Qu He Xiang #18  Apartment #2 Room 302. Price: 2100RMB/month. (One month deposit and rent is paid every three months)  
    • Hie can I have your contact details   
    • Hello everyone!  After the fun process of working with the visa offices I think I'm finally close to being finished and will be moving over to China.  I will be working with a company that is introducing American Football to the Youth.  I will first be staying in Shanghia for few weeks and then eventually moving to HZ.  My office will be based in the Xihu district.  I would like to join the WeChat group and also like to know any information about the area that y'all are willing to share.  Thank you in advance and I look forward to this adventure.
    • should be that any different than having sex with a chinese woman?
    • This is a single Apartment located in MIXC, Qian Jiang New Town CBD nearby Hangzhou citizen center and Hangzhou Theater. The size is 82 sqm and price is 9000 with one bedroom and one living room. Metro station of SHI MIN ZHONG XIN ( Citizen center) is nearby with metro Line 2 and 4. Shopping centers and views of river is available. If you are interested, please send me private massage. Thanks.