Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sainthood

Secrets of IELTS - tutoring for HIGHER scores!

1 post in this topic

Hi everyone.

I know, this is mostly an English language forum, so why would anyone want help with IELTS?

But, anyway... I am a former IELTS examiner, and I now do research on IELTS in China, focussing mostly on how IELTS is taught (and, thus, its affects on scores).

One piece of data is - since 2003, the scores for Reading and Listening have increased steadily (from both around 5.4 to now at 5.9/6.1) However, during that same period, the Speaking and Writing tests have remained the same at about 5.2/5.3).

In 2005, two researchers from Cardiff University looked at almost 250 Chinese IELTS test papers... and found what we all know.... most of it is just copy & paste and cliche, cliche, cliche... with little signs of REAL English language ability.

And, the copy and paste comes from the IELTS textbooks on the market, and the teachers.

Research has also shown that something as simple as knowing how IELTS speaking and writing is scored is lacking amongst paid 'professional' IELTS teachers! (30% of teachers didn't even know that the marking criteria are NOT scored in half bands!)

Secrets of IELTS is dedicated to helping students achieve higher scores - to getting students who have the ability to score at higher than 6.5 in Reading and Listening, but still have problems scoring above 5.5 in Speaking or Writing! And, what's more, I teach you what's most important to getting you that score in only 10 hours!!!

You can pay a 'famous' school to tutor you for... months and months and months. (to just copy copy copy from the same books everyone else is using)

Or - you can get your score increase NOW!

PM me for details!

Looking for a job ? The job is looking for you too !  Please UPLOAD/BUILD your resume first → HERE.