Hangzhou Expat
Sign in to follow this  
Jane Oldham

Arriving in early August 17 - late January 18

Hi there!

I'm Jane,  from Sydney. I'll be studying in Hangzhou from start of August 2017 to end of January 2018 and looking to share  an apartment or rent a studio. 

My usual job is high rise construction project management and learning Mandarin is fun and will also help my job prospects. Many new Chinese construction companies are starting up in Australia. 

I'm fairly quiet and used to sharing - open to sharing chores etc

If you would like to write to me privately: [please send me private message for my contact information]

Cheers,  Jane

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Hangzhou Weekly

The “Made in China” Anti-Tour for Expats Visiting Hangzhou
    Posted on Wednesday October 12, 2016

Posted on Friday July 08, 2016

Publishing my first book
    Posted on Friday June 17, 2016

49 schools to be set up in next 3 years in Jianggan
    Posted on Monday June 13, 2016

Kissing Cultures
    Posted on Thursday June 09, 2016

• -10000 yuan per month.                                   -2000yuan accommodation.                           -25 hours per week.                                              - you should be a fluent English speaker and hard working. If you are a NATIVE please add my wechat: droflegacy123 
    • Never heard of it happening in Hangzhou. Judging from the number of young Eastern Europeans here, I'd say a large percentage of people are working illegally (either teaching or "modelling").
    • Hi all, I am Calvin Wan from the Netherlands. Moved to Asia 6 months ago, currently staying in Hangzhou, Xiaoshan district. I moved to Hangzhou 4 months ago for my work. I frequently go to the gym and like to travel around to explore new things. I can speak Dutch, English, Cantonese and learning Mandarin now on the job. Furthermore I can speak basic French and German.  Happy to make some new friends around, as I hardly know any people here.  Greetings, Calvin 
    • The one at the station is gone for quite some time,  I guess 2 years?   I'm not sure where u can check because I always used to go to the one close to the west lake. 
    • I can't find a Burger King around here.  I live at Qingchun Lu and Jianguo Bei Lu, around 35 Qingchun.  I went to the Hangzhou railway station, couldn't find one (though internet says there is one there). I went to 260 Jiefang Lu (next to Ya'nan). There is a kind of strip mall of mostly restaurants that follows around a building there. #260 is empty. Tomorrow I will take a ride to 155 Dongxin Lu to see if there is one there.  I'm feeling a bit more positive about this one, because I found it on a map that resulted from a Google search.  It showed 3 locations, none too close to me; the closest is about 7 kms north of here, which is no problem on my e-scooter.  If you know where there actually is a BK, please let me know. And it would be great to know where one might purchase a strawberry milkshake for a reasonable price.   They used to sell them at China McD's way back in the day.  I miss milkshakes, especially on a warm summer afternoon.  Sad they don't go over well here.