Umut

Coming soon

6 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I will arrive in September and would like to know your impression of Hangzhou so I can prepare myself(even if a little bit) for the huge change.

I don't speak any Chinese and would like to know how is life for someone with no Chinese in Hangzhou?

Is public transportation easy to operate?

Are people nice to foreigners or is there hostility?

Well, I have many more questions but these 3 are the most important ones for now.

Thanks in advance

Looking for a job ? The job is looking for you too !  Please UPLOAD/BUILD your resume first → HERE.

People in general are very nice. They do not trouble foreigners, till they are drunk (usually in a Bar).

Buses and metro are all easy to use, just use the card (one card for Buses, metros and boats)

In metro they scan your things and every time ask you to drink water that you carry in your bottle.

I am not sure what do they do with the water that you carry in your bladder ;)

On 16.07.2017 at 9:11 AM, @Hz said:

People in general are very nice. They do not trouble foreigners, till they are drunk (usually in a Bar).

Buses and metro are all easy to use, just use the card (one card for Buses, metros and boats)

In metro they scan your things and every time ask you to drink water that you carry in your bottle.

I am not sure what do they do with the water that you carry in your bladder ;)

Drunk people are same everywhere :)

But it is nice to know there is no general hostility against foreigners

It is good that all public transport is operated with a single card and I can somehow understand regarding no water rule on metro 

transportation in Hangzhou is quite convenient, you'll get underground metro to most places. You can also take a public bike such as ofo, Mobike for free for short distance. Most buses are available to most places and you can use Uber or taxi.

So how about finding a job? Do I have any chance? I am not a native English speaker so don't think I can land a teaching job but are there any other alternatives? Though I don't mind a teaching job as well. As long as it pay the bills all is good :)