nicola.b

Recommendations Regarding Location Needed!

9 posts in this topic

Dear Hangzhou fellas,

I am obviously new in town and would be endlessly thankful for tips where the best locations for apartment hunting are.

Preferably an area with a nice environment and higher end shopping mall in walking distance. But in general just a good living environment for a European who is not functional without a coffee shop close by. I do not care about apartment size but quality (clean and renovated).

Where do all the expats reside?

Many thanks! 

Looking for a job ? The job is looking for you too !  Please UPLOAD/BUILD your resume first → HERE.

Mostly people live close or relatively close to their job.  U should just go to an agency (wo ai wo jia)  is most popular and in my experience the best one and take a Chinese friend with you if you have one because they will try to duck you in the ass.  Just don't tell them your real budget,  that's a rookie mistake ;p

Hello Nicola,

best way is you first located an area you like it most then bring a chinese friend and see around (usually main gate and buildings door gate) if there are post sticked on wall with rent apartament available. Or ask directly to security guards usually they will know. If you find one give them a carton of cigarettes. You dont have go through an agency if you want save some money and time.

4 hours ago, ivanoros87 said:

Hello Nicola,

best way is you first located an area you like it most then bring a chinese friend and see around (usually main gate and buildings door gate) if there are post sticked on wall with rent apartament available. Or ask directly to security guards usually they will know. If you find one give them a carton of cigarettes. You dont have go through an agency if you want save some money and time.

The thing with  cutting out the agency is that they also are there to help you when you have a problem and the landlord is a soulless creature from the deeper parts of hell. Wo ai wo jia will act like the landlord themselves and I only have great experience with them. Much better than the other ones. 

Thank you everyone. Very helpful. I guess I'll be going for something close to my workplace since I definitely can't stroll through the whole city to find a nice spot. Should be fine.

Hello. I suggest Zhao Hui Road and Deep Blue Plaza. It is in the city center. Life is convenient. lots of restaurants, coffee shops. Metro station is Hangzhou Plaza. It is the most prosperous place in Hangzhou. And about 5 to 10 minutes to the west lake. 

In my add I have some apartment there available and can be visited. Single service apartment. 

If you are interested, contact me . Thanks.

Hi. Welcome to Hangzhou

If you want shopping and convenience I would recommend the area around West lake cultural square, Wulin square or near Fengqi lu metro station.

But you should visit around. It all depends on you....on your needs:grin:.

First find an area you like.

Cheers!

Depends on where you need to be!

There are In-Time/In-City/IntminincityintownInVillage shopping malls popping up all over the city.

They have 'higher end' (although, not Tiffany's, LV, etc...)... but most don't have the supermarket to go with it :(

They will have cafes... though  you may not be impressed (I'm not).

I would suggest instead of demanding walking distance, try for walking to metro distance... that should mean you can be in a better place within about 20 mins.

However.... MixC area next to the river (but, apartments are more expensive!). It's out east, has an ok supermarket, metro, etc. And a lights display every night (??). EAsy walk to the river, not drastically far from the city (Yan'An Lu/WuLin lu)

INTime on FengTan Lu PingShui Lu Kou (or, as I call it - BLT - cos it's the best and easiest identifier)... a few coffee places, and the supermarket, and the shopping.. and even a Thai restaurant (which actually isn't too bad!) There's a metro opening up there soon...ish. This is north-west of the city.