Kiti

Question about resident permit for student

Question

Hi all, I'm a new student at Zheda, Yuquan Campus. Today a staff told me I have to go to the police station to get some document, and then bring a copy of said document to her. 

My question is are the polices going to keep my passport and how long? I'm uncertain because I'm now sure whether I need my passport for anything else (Like health check..) .

So is there anyone who has an understanding of the whole process? The instruction they gave us students are not quite clear.

Thank you! 

8 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, san5324 said:

You dont have to register with the local police station IF you stay on campus. 

I think you are right. My friend and I stay outside campus, that's why they ask us to get one I think.

Really glad I found this forum and get help from you and the others. These things are quite overwhelming for us newcomers.

Looking for a job ? The job is looking for you too !  Please UPLOAD/BUILD your resume first → HERE.
1 hour ago, Kiti said:

Hi all, I'm a new student at Zheda, Yuquan Campus. Today a staff told me I have to go to the police station to get some document, and then bring a copy of said document to her. 

My question is are the polices going to keep my passport and how long? I'm uncertain because I'm now sure whether I need my passport for anything else (Like health check..) .

So is there anyone who has an understanding of the whole process? The instruction they gave us students are not quite clear.

Thank you! 

I think you made a mistake. Zheda has all the forms. You just need to pay your tution fee and with the registration form they will give you, you will go to the entry and exit visa station. You hand over the form, pictur and passport and u will get a receipt back which you can use while traveling or identify yourself in China. It will take about 3-4 weeks till you get your passport back.

Thanks for all the answers! I think what they want from me is a registration slip.

@sainthood Thanks a lot. I think you are right, it seems like the slip is what they want.

24 minutes ago, Kiti said:

Thanks for all the answers! I think what they want from me is a registration slip.

@sainthood Thanks a lot. I think you are right, it seems like the slip is what they want.

You dont have to register with the local police station IF you stay on campus. 

3 hours ago, Kiti said:

I think you are right. My friend and I stay outside campus, that's why they ask us to get one I think.

Really glad I found this forum and get help from you and the others. These things are quite overwhelming for us newcomers.

Ok,  so now the situation is changed I guess. 

After you paid the university  you need to go to the police station closest to your house.  There you have to register yourself. U need that slip to show the university and u need to give a copy at the visa station (u can copy it there).

12 hours ago, san5324 said:

Ok,  so now the situation is changed I guess. 

After you paid the university  you need to go to the police station closest to your house.  There you have to register yourself. U need that slip to show the university and u need to give a copy at the visa station (u can copy it there).

I just finished everything. For the Residental permit the university is going to help us next week. Thank you for helping me makes sense of this process.

Hi Kiti, you just need to take a photocopy along with your passport for them to keep. 

This site has years of information , so the search function is really useful.

This thread may be of interest: 

On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 3:51 AM, Umut said:

Hi guys,

I am here with X1 student visa and need to change my visa with a residence permit in 30 days but what a big surprise they tell you to do it but not how to part :) from what I could figure out I will need a document from my university, register with local police and get health check and apply entry and exit bureau but in what order that is the tricky part

should I first go to entry and exit bureau and take some document from them and get that approved or should I first collect everything and go to the bureau?

your help will be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

umut

Actually....

If the word was actually 'police station', abnd they actually knew what they were talking about, then it should refer to having to register your living place within the 24 hour period of arriving in the city and finding said accommodation. (if you're in a hotel, the hotel will do that for you... if you move, you'll need to inform them when you go into the new apartment... note, they might be bastards if you move in on a different date to what's on the lease!)

To get the police registration slip, you'll need your passport, and a photocopy of A) the information page, b) the visa, and c) the entry stamp. If yoiu have something from the hotel, take it with you (eg, deposit slip - cos they might ask how long you've been in the city, and you can show the deposit slip to say you've been there).

You will get your slip along with your passport when it's done, and should only take a few minutes.

It's possible that's not the 'document' they are referring to... in which case.. go back and ask... and then give them shit for not being clear! (again... I mean, sheesh.. they've only been dealing with international students for.. how many years now??

2 hours ago, Kiti said:

Thank you! 

Yep! Get used to it! :p