Sign in to follow this  
Pieper

Buying real estate in Hangzhou

Question

Hi there, 

I am preparing moving to Hangzhou (from the Netherlands). Is there anyone on this platform that can give me some advice on buying property (80-120 sqm apartment) in Hangzhou? What is the latest regulation on restrictions for foreigners and what locations have a good price / location ratio? Any good real estate agents that you can recommend?

Best regards,

Pieper, a soon to be expat.

• Upvote 1

7 answers to this question

Looking for a job ? The job is looking for you too !  Please UPLOAD/BUILD your resume first → HERE.

Haha, leuk om een reactie in het Nederlands te krijgen... is het kopen van vastgoed in Hangzhou door buitenlanders gereguleerd?

Vanaf 2010 was het verboden om huizen te kopen als buitenlander. 

Does anybody know anything more if it is possible for a foreigner  to buy a house? I don't mean when you married to a Chinese lady, I mean the foreigner alone?  I do know that you need to have a cc  obtained in China and it was almost impossible to get that. This was around 2010 so I am a bit out dated. 

you have to proof you will stay in the country for at least 1y. No matter what kind of visa you have. You can buy an apartament with a student visa as well. If you have all the cash you can buy with no much problme if you have to start the mortage the banks will 80% denied.

Real estate here is a f***ing nightmare. Let's keep update this post and please in english

Hi, I tried google this issue in Chinese and this is what I found from the 2nd hand real-estate agency (Lianjia.com), updated on 2016.07.29

------

0- Before we discuss about this, one thing is sure: you can only get the chance to by a 2nd hand house, not a new one. Cuz even for me as a Chinese it's getting less and less possible to buy a new one.

1- You need to file a report at  Hangzhou National Security Bureau of Foreign Affairs Office for the purchase of 2nd hand housing in Hangzhou. Only after getting the approval can you sign the purchase contract with the landlord.

2- The contract and agency contract must be notarized to do foreign-related-contract notarization, notary fee is 0.3% of the contract price. Agency contract notarization fee is  300 yuan.

3- Files requirements:
Your passports and translated into Chinese, notarised file or the original notary of your identity and marital status from your country, translated into Chinese and verified by the People's Republic of China Embassy or Consulate in your city.

4- You can only buy one house for your own, and must meet the following conditions:
Must have a valid residence certificate in Hangzhou (issued by the police station);
The working certificate in Hangzhou;
A written commitment state that you have no other real estate in China .
You must have a Chinese name.
Whether it is for the export housing in accordance with the provisions of the local housing management departments (only needed to buy a commercial housing);
Purchase contract, loan contract must be notarized;
The proportion of the first payment of not less than 50%, the loan period not more than 8 years;

If apply for the mortgage: interest rates raises up 10%, and you need provide tax certificate in China.

It is said that the Bank of China can do the mortgage, but depends on the your chinese employer as well, and need a guarantee who has stable income in China. 

5- Some address and Tel. numbers you might need:
Hangzhou State Security Bureau Foreign Affairs Office Address: Shangtang Road 383, Tel 0571-88039785
Hangzhou City National Notary Office Address: 499 Yan'an Road, Hangzhou, Science and Technology Association on the 2nd floor, Tel: 0571-85101893 0571-85105000
Hangzhou Qiantang notary office: 348 Qingtai Street, Hangzhou Xuefeng Building, Tel: 0571-87822467
Government designated passport and name translation agency: Hangzhou Haibo Translation Agency, Address: Youth Road No. 27, Tel: 0571-87087350

------

Overall, I guess it's just much more simple to rent a house for 1/2/3 years... 

Just offer some information about where to find house info. Personally, I find my current house on 

http://www.19lou.com/forum-1637-1.html    This is the biggest Hangzhouer forum. You need to have a plug-in to translate everything into English though, and look out those agent who pretend to be landlord. (Agents normally charge 50% of one month rent for service, but you can always bargain).

If you do prefer to look for an agent who is reliable and speaks English, you can try Lianjia and 5i5j, these are the most popular agencies. But we have to cross fingers cuz 90% of them don't speak English at all.

On 23 September 2017 at 8:07 PM, Pieper said:

Hi there, 

I am preparing moving to Hangzhou (from the Netherlands). Is there anyone on this platform that can give me some advice on buying property (80-120 sqm apartment) in Hangzhou? What is the latest regulation on restrictions for foreigners and what locations have a good price / location ratio? Any good real estate agents that you can recommend?

Best regards,

Pieper, a soon to be expat.

ps: I have been study in Europe for 7 years, I know how hard it is to find a decent place to live. I take no money here and I write all this just for fun...lol

• Upvote 1