Sign in to follow this  
Lo Man Kam wingchun

Free trial class for Lo Man Kam WingChun KungFu Training

Recommended Posts

The nephew of Grandmaster Ip (Yip) Man, Sifu Lo Man Kam started studying kung fu in Fo-Shan, China, and followed his uncle Grand Master Ip (Yip) Man to learn Wing Chun from 1950 to 1960 in Hong kong. In 1974, Sifu Lo Man Kam established the first and only Wing Chun Kung Fu school in Taiwan. Distinguished as an unparalleled teacher, he has helped spread the Chinese fighting arts throughout the world. His school resembles a United Nations of Kung Fu, with students from more than 40 countries and territories: including Switzerland, Germany, the USA, France, Israel, Canada, Poland, Belgium, Hungary, Slovenia, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Madagascar, Reunion, Philippine, India, Indonesia, Turkey, Thailand, Hong Kong, and many others.

Using his vast knowledge of martial arts, Sifu Lo Man Kam has integrated Wing Chun’s proactive approach with joint lock, throw and takedown skills to form the foundation of the Taiwanese police defensive tactics curriculum. Due to his wide range martial arts experience and military special force background, Sifu Lo also made training or seminars to US Army, LA sheriff, police group from Frankfurt, Germany, French law enforcement EIRS and special police force from Hungary.

Through his efforts, he has shared this unique of Chinese fighting art, and has become something of a cultural ambassador for the Chinese people. Of course, Wing Chun is well known in martial arts circles as Superstar Bruce Lee’s first fighting style. In fact, Sifu Lo was the giant’s third senior kung fu brother in Hong Kong.

To this day, Sifu Lo still progresses in Wing Chun, continually seeking to expand an already profound understanding of his art and he also further extend Wing Chun’s philosophies and theories to apply to everyday life.

 

屏幕快照 2017-10-24 下午6.42.22.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Looking for a job ? The job is looking for you too !  Please UPLOAD/BUILD your resume first → HERE.

Hangzhou Lo Man Kam WingChun school is a branch of world of Lo Man Kam, which was established in 2010, and now sifu is Qinghua-Fu(傅庆华). Sifu Fu learned WingChun from the student of Lo Man Kam.

We have 3 teaching points( Chengxi, Jiubao, Binjiang), If you want to know more, you can contact us. 

[plaese send me private message for my contact information]

 

Lo Man Kam and Qinghua-Fu

100.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you seen the recent videos of WingChun/Kungfu "masters" sparring competition-based martial arts that actually work (wrestling, BJJ, kickboxing, etc.)? I'm sure it's a fun time, but I wouldn't want anyone getting tricked into thinking this stuff is legitimate.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jean-Marie said:

Hi, I’m interested to learn, I’m living in Yu gu Road,and I’m here only 3 weeks ago.

O, Time is too short, when will you to come to hangzhou next time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, stevieblueeyes said:

Have you seen the recent videos of WingChun/Kungfu "masters" sparring competition-based martial arts that actually work (wrestling, BJJ, kickboxing, etc.)? I'm sure it's a fun time, but I wouldn't want anyone getting tricked into thinking this stuff is legitimate.

Yeah, I've seen, if you want to know more or have any doubt with us,you can contact our sifu and go to our WingChun school, use your own eyes to identify the authenticity.

 

屏幕快照 2017-10-25 上午9.08.08.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see a guy exposing himself to an easy single leg takedown. Possibly a high crotch lift too if the other guy in the picture has any wrestling skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, stevieblueeyes said:

Have you seen the recent videos of WingChun/Kungfu "masters" sparring competition-based martial arts that actually work (wrestling, BJJ, kickboxing, etc.)? I'm sure it's a fun time, but I wouldn't want anyone getting tricked into thinking this stuff is legitimate.

I don't think you can really compare them. Bjj is fun but in a real fight do you wanna bring it to the ground so that the dude friends can kick your head in? I don't know how many fights you have been into but the ground is the last place u want to be. 

Plus in most of those fights the wc dude is limited because he got to wear boxing gloves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The UFC-and many other mixed martial arts organizations-did not require gloves until 1997. WingChun/Kungfu still had no success then.

 

And of course BJJ alone isn't perfect. A combination of competition-tested grappling (judo, wrestling, or BJJ) and competition-based striking (boxing, kickboxing, or muay thai) would provide the best change for someone to defend themselves. In a multiple opponent fight you are pretty screwed regardless of one's self-defense background.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-10-25 at 8:56 AM, Lo Man Kam wingchun said:

O, Time is too short, when will you to come to hangzhou next time?

I’m now in Hangzhou. Can i get your contact? [please send me private message for my contact information] this is my wechat number

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, stevieblueeyes said:

The UFC-and many other mixed martial arts organizations-did not require gloves until 1997. WingChun/Kungfu still had no success then.

 

And of course BJJ alone isn't perfect. A combination of competition-tested grappling (judo, wrestling, or BJJ) and competition-based striking (boxing, kickboxing, or muay thai) would provide the best change for someone to defend themselves. In a multiple opponent fight you are pretty screwed regardless of one's self-defense background.

K1 fights were always karate,  kickboxing and kungfu. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Jean-Marie said:

I’m now in Hangzhou. Can i get your contact? +393314870585 this is my wechat number

Yeah, you can, [please send me private message for my contact information] , you can add me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Class time:

Binjinag: Yaqi Building (4th Floor), No. 3786, Jiangnan Ave.,18:30-21:30 on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday

City-West: HARMONIOUS FAMILY FITNESS, No. 471, West Wensan Rd., 9:30-11:30 on Saturday and Sunday

Jiubao: Jiubao Xintiandi Square (Youth Club), No. 1211, Hanghai Rd., 18:30-20:30 on Wednesday Jiubao Site Update Soon: Raffles City (5th Foor, EDU MALL), No. 228, Xinye Rd., 18:30-20:30 on Wednesday and Sunday

 

101.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, san5324 said:

K1 fights were always karate,  kickboxing and kungfu. 

Yes, and Kung Fu had little success in K-1 and has had no presence in MMA. It becomes even less effective if grappling is permitted. How many current MMA champions-or even contenders-have a background in Kung FU? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bill12345 said:

Yes, and Kung Fu had little success in K-1 and has had no presence in MMA. It becomes even less effective if grappling is permitted. How many current MMA champions-or even contenders-have a background in Kung FU? 

This is  a discussion without an end. Go to that school and ask for a little sparring session. I am sure they will show you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017/10/26 at 8:40 PM, bill12345 said:

Yes, and Kung Fu had little success in K-1 and has had no presence in MMA. It becomes even less effective if grappling is permitted. How many current MMA champions-or even contenders-have a background in Kung FU? 

the  notorious has used a lot of kungfu moves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kay said:

the  notorious has used a lot of kungfu moves

Can you name a specific moment when he incorporated a Kung Fu technique? Conor's original striking background is boxing, which he began at age 12. Whether or not he incorporated Kung Fu moves, which I don't believe, doesn't change the fact that his primary striking art is not Kung Fu. Kickboxing, boxing, wrestling, sambo, and BJJ form the basis for the vast majority of UFC fighters (and champions).

Besides Kung Fu's numerous technical issue, the main problem is that the majority of Kung Fu gyms do not incorporate live sparring. Look at the above photos, which are taken on wood floors. How are athletes supposed to spar live on wood floors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017/10/26 at 8:40 PM, bill12345 said:

Yes, and Kung Fu had little success in K-1 and has had no presence in MMA. It becomes even less effective if grappling is permitted. How many current MMA champions-or even contenders-have a background in Kung FU? 

the  notorious has used a lot of kungfu move

 

18 minutes ago, stevieblueeyes said:

Can you name a specific moment when he incorporated a Kung Fu technique? Conor's original striking background is boxing, which he began at age 12. Whether or not he incorporated Kung Fu moves, which I don't believe, doesn't change the fact that his primary striking art is not Kung Fu. Kickboxing, boxing, wrestling, sambo, and BJJ form the basis for the vast majority of UFC fighters (and champions).

Besides Kung Fu's numerous technical issue, the main problem is that the majority of Kung Fu gyms do not incorporate live sparring. Look at the above photos, which are taken on wood floors. How are athletes supposed to spar live on wood floors?

lol conor is a genius he uses many styles in his fights and he makes it his own i wouldnt be surprise if that bastard creates his own fightin style and name after himself and regarding  the school and its floor dont think wrong every school has its own style a good fighter should learns all the styles and use them to develop himself. even if you spare with them and probably you kick their asses do you think that means their school sucks the answer is no you will learn one thing or two

my first martial art school were the streets and i was so confident till i challenged a  kykushinkai karate guy and after that i decided to join their club . this karate uses many other styles so i kept  learning other styles like boxing kung fue and i even tried to master our traditional grabbling techniques but even if you learn one strike it is always good to add it to your fighting technique bank.:creepy:however it is the kykushinkai training that kept me strong and able to defend myself 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this