Hangzhou Expat
Sign in to follow this  
Lo Man Kam wingchun

Free trial class for Lo Man Kam WingChun KungFu Training

The nephew of Grandmaster Ip (Yip) Man, Sifu Lo Man Kam started studying kung fu in Fo-Shan, China, and followed his uncle Grand Master Ip (Yip) Man to learn Wing Chun from 1950 to 1960 in Hong kong. In 1974, Sifu Lo Man Kam established the first and only Wing Chun Kung Fu school in Taiwan. Distinguished as an unparalleled teacher, he has helped spread the Chinese fighting arts throughout the world. His school resembles a United Nations of Kung Fu, with students from more than 40 countries and territories: including Switzerland, Germany, the USA, France, Israel, Canada, Poland, Belgium, Hungary, Slovenia, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Madagascar, Reunion, Philippine, India, Indonesia, Turkey, Thailand, Hong Kong, and many others.

Using his vast knowledge of martial arts, Sifu Lo Man Kam has integrated Wing Chun’s proactive approach with joint lock, throw and takedown skills to form the foundation of the Taiwanese police defensive tactics curriculum. Due to his wide range martial arts experience and military special force background, Sifu Lo also made training or seminars to US Army, LA sheriff, police group from Frankfurt, Germany, French law enforcement EIRS and special police force from Hungary.

Through his efforts, he has shared this unique of Chinese fighting art, and has become something of a cultural ambassador for the Chinese people. Of course, Wing Chun is well known in martial arts circles as Superstar Bruce Lee’s first fighting style. In fact, Sifu Lo was the giant’s third senior kung fu brother in Hong Kong.

To this day, Sifu Lo still progresses in Wing Chun, continually seeking to expand an already profound understanding of his art and he also further extend Wing Chun’s philosophies and theories to apply to everyday life.

屏幕快照 2017-10-24 下午6.42.22.png

Hangzhou Lo Man Kam WingChun school is a branch of world of Lo Man Kam, which was established in 2010, and now sifu is Qinghua-Fu(傅庆华). Sifu Fu learned WingChun from the student of Lo Man Kam.

We have 3 teaching points( Chengxi, Jiubao, Binjiang), If you want to know more, you can contact us. 

[plaese send me private message for my contact information]

Lo Man Kam and Qinghua-Fu

100.jpg

Have you seen the recent videos of WingChun/Kungfu "masters" sparring competition-based martial arts that actually work (wrestling, BJJ, kickboxing, etc.)? I'm sure it's a fun time, but I wouldn't want anyone getting tricked into thinking this stuff is legitimate.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, stevieblueeyes said:

Have you seen the recent videos of WingChun/Kungfu "masters" sparring competition-based martial arts that actually work (wrestling, BJJ, kickboxing, etc.)? I'm sure it's a fun time, but I wouldn't want anyone getting tricked into thinking this stuff is legitimate.

Yeah, I've seen, if you want to know more or have any doubt with us,you can contact our sifu and go to our WingChun school, use your own eyes to identify the authenticity.

屏幕快照 2017-10-25 上午9.08.08.png

5 hours ago, stevieblueeyes said:

I don't think you can really compare them. Bjj is fun but in a real fight do you wanna bring it to the ground so that the dude friends can kick your head in? I don't know how many fights you have been into but the ground is the last place u want to be. 

Plus in most of those fights the wc dude is limited because he got to wear boxing gloves. 

The UFC-and many other mixed martial arts organizations-did not require gloves until 1997. WingChun/Kungfu still had no success then.

And of course BJJ alone isn't perfect. A combination of competition-tested grappling (judo, wrestling, or BJJ) and competition-based striking (boxing, kickboxing, or muay thai) would provide the best change for someone to defend themselves. In a multiple opponent fight you are pretty screwed regardless of one's self-defense background.

On 2017-10-25 at 8:56 AM, Lo Man Kam wingchun said:

O, Time is too short, when will you to come to hangzhou next time?

I’m now in Hangzhou. Can i get your contact? [please send me private message for my contact information] this is my wechat number

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, stevieblueeyes said:

The UFC-and many other mixed martial arts organizations-did not require gloves until 1997. WingChun/Kungfu still had no success then.

And of course BJJ alone isn't perfect. A combination of competition-tested grappling (judo, wrestling, or BJJ) and competition-based striking (boxing, kickboxing, or muay thai) would provide the best change for someone to defend themselves. In a multiple opponent fight you are pretty screwed regardless of one's self-defense background.

K1 fights were always karate,  kickboxing and kungfu. 

• Upvote 1

Class time:

Binjinag: Yaqi Building (4th Floor), No. 3786, Jiangnan Ave.,18:30-21:30 on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday

City-West: HARMONIOUS FAMILY FITNESS, No. 471, West Wensan Rd., 9:30-11:30 on Saturday and Sunday

Jiubao: Jiubao Xintiandi Square (Youth Club), No. 1211, Hanghai Rd., 18:30-20:30 on Wednesday Jiubao Site Update Soon: Raffles City (5th Foor, EDU MALL), No. 228, Xinye Rd., 18:30-20:30 on Wednesday and Sunday

101.jpg

16 hours ago, san5324 said:

K1 fights were always karate,  kickboxing and kungfu. 

Yes, and Kung Fu had little success in K-1 and has had no presence in MMA. It becomes even less effective if grappling is permitted. How many current MMA champions-or even contenders-have a background in Kung FU? 

1 hour ago, bill12345 said:

Yes, and Kung Fu had little success in K-1 and has had no presence in MMA. It becomes even less effective if grappling is permitted. How many current MMA champions-or even contenders-have a background in Kung FU? 

This is  a discussion without an end. Go to that school and ask for a little sparring session. I am sure they will show you.

On 2017/10/26 at 8:40 PM, bill12345 said:

the  notorious has used a lot of kungfu moves

11 minutes ago, kay said:

the  notorious has used a lot of kungfu moves

Can you name a specific moment when he incorporated a Kung Fu technique? Conor's original striking background is boxing, which he began at age 12. Whether or not he incorporated Kung Fu moves, which I don't believe, doesn't change the fact that his primary striking art is not Kung Fu. Kickboxing, boxing, wrestling, sambo, and BJJ form the basis for the vast majority of UFC fighters (and champions).

Besides Kung Fu's numerous technical issue, the main problem is that the majority of Kung Fu gyms do not incorporate live sparring. Look at the above photos, which are taken on wood floors. How are athletes supposed to spar live on wood floors?

On 2017/10/26 at 8:40 PM, bill12345 said:

the  notorious has used a lot of kungfu move

18 minutes ago, stevieblueeyes said:

Can you name a specific moment when he incorporated a Kung Fu technique? Conor's original striking background is boxing, which he began at age 12. Whether or not he incorporated Kung Fu moves, which I don't believe, doesn't change the fact that his primary striking art is not Kung Fu. Kickboxing, boxing, wrestling, sambo, and BJJ form the basis for the vast majority of UFC fighters (and champions).

Besides Kung Fu's numerous technical issue, the main problem is that the majority of Kung Fu gyms do not incorporate live sparring. Look at the above photos, which are taken on wood floors. How are athletes supposed to spar live on wood floors?

lol conor is a genius he uses many styles in his fights and he makes it his own i wouldnt be surprise if that bastard creates his own fightin style and name after himself and regarding  the school and its floor dont think wrong every school has its own style a good fighter should learns all the styles and use them to develop himself. even if you spare with them and probably you kick their asses do you think that means their school sucks the answer is no you will learn one thing or two

my first martial art school were the streets and i was so confident till i challenged a  kykushinkai karate guy and after that i decided to join their club . this karate uses many other styles so i kept  learning other styles like boxing kung fue and i even tried to master our traditional grabbling techniques but even if you learn one strike it is always good to add it to your fighting technique bank.:creepy:however it is the kykushinkai training that kept me strong and able to defend myself 

In my opinion these kind of comparison doesn't really make sense. First if we are talking about Xu Xiaodong VS "Wing Chun" master, lets not forget a couple of things:

1. XuShadong chooses who to fight with. After he smashed the "tai qi" guy he probably had really a good choice of who fight next to promote his association. I know people that challenged him and that are still trying to find a way to meet him,  Sifu Fernandez. Check the guy and then lets continue the discussion

2. The "wing chun" guy doesn't really represent anyone except himself: if I upload a fight with a boxer, and I beat the xxx out of him, can I claim that wing chun is superior to boxing? 

3. The wing chun guy is not really doing wing chun, not according our standard. too many things missing, starting from his stance to the way he kicks (completely without structure), no sense of timing nor positioning. 

Last but not least Ip Man never thought a fighting stance with a man sao and a wusao like many chunners do. 

Coming from karate and judo, in my opinion wing chun is the most misunderstood martial art. One reason and maybe the main is because of Ip Man and his way of teaching. He had 5 students (even if people claim otherwise): Leung Sheung, Lok Yiu and Chu Song Tin and other 2 who never taught anyone.

Wing Chun in my opinion is about position, sensitivity and timing.

- Position is your internal position, your bone alignment, deep relaxation (not being sloppy), internal stretching, using the fascia to generate power. Being aware of your centre and using it.

- Sensitivity comes from correct position. (which doesn't mean sitting like in the siu nim tao or having a man and wusao forwar and moving like a robot)

- Timing, comes from listening urself and the other (which I don't see in most "fights")

We have conditioning but usually people interested in wing chun are not ready to do the hard work. Is not the same mindset of people going to practice boxe or mma: you sweat, you train. When I was practicing karate I was training at least everyday 3 hours. Who does this in wing chun???and u wonder about the results?

• Upvote 1