Hangzhou Expat
Sign in to follow this  
emmkitty

decent supermarket

Edit: Like I wrote below I finally found a nice place to buy meat.Am having a few texting asking where.Add wechat ID thefreshhut

Hey guys

Am desperately tryin to find some decent supermarket around.

For meat like beef and seafood.

My friend ordered some stuff from online.Think from feels or fields.am not too sure but boy was I disappointed.Damn too expensive and I also doubt the quality.

Thank you xxx:happy:

Fields is ridiculously expensive. They used to be on my Facebook and I used to ridicule them and anyone who bought their crap. Like a "Hamburger Kit" with about a kilogram of beef, some buns and a bottle of ketchup for 200 RMB or some crap. They finally banned by comments, but no one in their right mind should shop there, and have a feeling Fields mostly caters to rich foreign businesspeople who live in their high castles who don't want to mix with the proles. If you read this, look up Fields and have a laugh.

Concerning supermarkets. I have lived here a long time and basically I go to different places to get different things. If you want good meat, I can suggest Metro or Ole in the MIXC mall near the river (but on the Subway Green line). There are two Metro stores and unfortunately both are a bit far away from where anyone lives, literally, but they probably have the best selection. Ole' isn't bad but it's expensive, but you can get real hamburger meat, Australian steaks and whatnot. I used to work down that way and sometimes bought a nice steak in there to cook at home.

I usually shop at Aushan in DaGuan area. Has a pretty decent meat department and I have bought steaks and hamburger from there lots of times. Even the big Lainhua stores have an OK beef selection. So I haven't for me had much of an issue buying raw meat to cook.

Metro is alright. I buy my spices and other things for my daughter there. But as for meat some Chinese colleagues told me Metro had a meat scandal in some city in China. But with almost every news here, you cannot find it anywhere on the internet.

But it is all good now. I was introduced to a wechat account. Very satisfied. Great quality of meat. Also fast delivery. Usually 1 day.

Thank you Zheng.

Someone sent me a private message asking about the wechat account I buy my meat from.  Unfortunately the reply button does not seem to be working on my phone. Yes it is imported meat. Good quality of steak. My daughter who barely ate meat now eats a lot of meat:chuckle:. The wechat id is  thefreshhut

I buy my house hold from different supermarket ,But meat ,shrimp and salmon all from sam 'club ,this is only member supermarket ,you need to pay 250 yuan for one or two years member ship card to shop there ,good quality with fair price.Ole is thief and not suitable for everyday shopping ,i can get their stuff from Walmart for 10 yuan  or more  cheaper ,field is super expensive good for expat who company take care of their expense ,metro is nice but far .by the time you get to know which brand is the best and where to get it ,all about experience 

3 hours ago, fity fit said:

I buy my house hold from different supermarket ,But meat ,shrimp and salmon all from sam 'club ,this is only member supermarket ,you need to pay 250 yuan for one or two years member ship card to shop there ,good quality with fair price.Ole is thief and not suitable for everyday shopping ,i can get their stuff from Walmart for 10 yuan  or more  cheaper ,field is super expensive good for expat who company take care of their expense ,metro is nice but far .by the time you get to know which brand is the best and where to get it ,all about experience 

Thank you fity fit. Sam's Club is too far from where I live. But Ive been meaning to go there. But it is not easy when you have a hyper active daughter like mine:chuckle:.  You should also check that wechat account. They do a really good job.

• Like 1