Hangzhou Expat
LydiaD

Moving this August to Hangzhou Fuyang

Hello everyone! My name is Lydia and I am moving to Hangzhou Fuyang to teach with the Yongxing Education Group. I am from Wisconsin United States but I have lived in Texas for over 13 years teaching grades 2, 3 and 4. I am extremely nervous yet excited about the opportunity to teach abroad and look forward to meeting and connecting with other expats traveling to this part of the world. 

Same campus(I believe) & company but I'll be at the high school. I visited the campus and the apartments available last weekend. The administration and staff will take care of you. You will pay ¥300 to get to Fuyang from Hangzhou(+/-¥50 -depending on arrival destination)by the taxi or ¥400 by black taxi. You will have go through the process: a group of foreigners being lugged around the city by a staff member setting up bank accounts, mobiles and provincial/city paperwork. Check your documents. Just advice. You are an adult who can make your own decisions but I would not set foot in China without a FEC and Z visa. You will hear,"whygwahren" . Those are fighting words so be ready to box. Overall, you'll be okay, probably.

• Like 1

Waiguoren is not a fighting word, it means foreigner, hardly a word to fight over. Also, Yongxing has 2 different campuses, one in Fuyang proper while the other is in the middle of butt fuck nowhere. 

On 6/10/2018 at 7:27 PM, blacknmiddlekingdom said:

Same campus(I believe) & company but I'll be at the high school. I visited the campus and the apartments available last weekend. The administration and staff will take care of you. You will pay ¥300 to get to Fuyang from Hangzhou(+/-¥50 -depending on arrival destination)by the taxi or ¥400 by black taxi. You will have go through the process: a group of foreigners being lugged around the city by a staff member setting up bank accounts, mobiles and provincial/city paperwork. Check your documents. Just advice. You are an adult who can make your own decisions but I would not set foot in China without a FEC and Z visa. You will hear,"whygwahren" . Those are fighting words so be ready to box. Overall, you'll be okay, probably.

Are you an u idiot or just paid extra attention in university? Waiguoren just means foreigner. 

Ha haha.Seriously, oh man, I guessed I shouldn't have smacked Miss Hong's 3rd grade class, the old lady at the grocery or the disabled man at the bus stop. Geez! I'm such a mo.

True, but I do remember eating lunch with a few of the elementary teachers out in BFNW. So, who knows?

Hi yall, I will also be there this August teaching. I'm also a bit apprehensive but excited as well.  I'm coming from Florida, close to Maro Lago. I hope to get my zvisa by the end of July. I'm getting my papers authenticated now.    Can't wait to meet all of you there! 

welcome to you in china 

Ni hao means hello

bang wo means help me

you will hear so many hei ren that's the world chinese use for black foreigner

that's mean black man

don't be afraid by chinese they like look at black...and foreigner

so becareful airport and train station have many bad peoples

so welcome to china good people are also here

welcome china is big city 

the first thing you will here in china as black is 黑人 hei ren ..It's nothing just  most chinese call white people only foreigner waigoren 外国人 and black man 黑人 hei ren if you don't understand you could be angry and  think it is racism but it's just lack of knowledge of many chinese ....

But china is very good city you will find many foreigners and many good chineses 

At the first time it will be a little bit difficult Be strong