Jump to content
Hangzhou Expat
  • 0

Is it possible to have someone on a tourist visa bring your pet for you, to Hangzhou?


I'm moving to Hangzhou in the beginning of August, and I'm planning to have my boyfriend bring our dog over at the end of the month. I'll be in Hangzhou on a work visa, but my bf will be coming on a tourist visa. My question is, has anyone had experience importing a pet on a tourist visa, flying directly to Hangzhou? I've read conflicting things online, but to me it seems like he should be able to bring the dog over, as long as we register it in my name? Additionally, would the dog's paperwork need to be in my name? Or my boyfriend's, since that's who is bringing her?


Looking for any advice or information from those who have done something similar! Thanks in advance :)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1

I would ask the Chinese Embassy in your country of residence. Be prepared perhaps to hear or read two conflicting versions of the law, because this is China, the Kingdom of Mass Confusion (群众混乱的王国).

I take it your dog cannot speak Chinese, so he may have trouble communicating with most of the animals here because they don’t speak English, except for the occasional cat licking its balls. Besides dogs are not safe here, they may get kidnapped to be the host of a barbecue. Or much worse, the babydoll plaything of a 19 year old girl with a Prada handbag who does nothing all day except texting her boyfriend and occasionally farting.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Posts

    • A 2 bedroom apartment is available for rent near alibaba xixi campus, 2 rooms, 1 bathroom, 1 lobby, with kitchen. NO AGENT FEE On west wen Er road (文二西路) Fully furnished with fridge , TV , washing machine , cooking stove, beds and tables. Apartment complex is beautiful with bus station just outside the complex. Bus Available for the nearest metro station. Rent - 4200/month.  Contact me if you are interested. WeChat - VISHAL-CHAWLA
    • As this target product is sold to America, so yes we need foreigners only.
    • I have a motorbike, I bought it from a foreign friend. The motorbike has a Hangzhou licence plate, is insured and has a year inspection pass. I have it for riding in legal areas such as Yuhang, Liangzhu and Linan. So why can I not 过户 (change the official owner of the bike to myself)? I just keep being told "You can't do it you're a foreigner, foreigners can't own motorbikes". When I point out that the owner of the bike is currently a foreigner they say "It was ok last year, but you can't do it now, new law". So my question is just why? I don't think Hangzhou had an epidemic of foreign motorcyclists previously. Why create this big "f*ck you" law against foreigners? It puts you in an awkward position, most of my foreign friends register their motorbikes under their girlfriends name. Meaning since they are legally the owner they could just report it stolen or sell it if you break up. If you don't have a Chinese gf that can help the only other way of doing it is to buy a new bike and the owner of the bike shop will register the bike in his name. Meaning you gotta trust the owner of your local bike shop hard.
    • Actually, the guy has the right idea, even though the posting is dated. It is always a good idea to follow up on subject /career oriented positions archives occasionally. Never know if there's an opening. They may want to contact person.directly instead of dead post.
    • Does he still make you first share it in your moments? I thought that was so annoying so I didn't enter it. The morehangzhou group isn't bad either. A bit of advertising but not bad.