Hangzhou Expat
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Zheng

I feel sorry for Chinese kids, constant “Education”. Bullshit.

I worked for a “training school” for kids on and off for several years. I did some work for them this summer and I really feel sorry for the kids.

Why? Because they are CONSTANTLY in school or studying. Many of these kids get no vacation or down time at all. Classes everyday in the summer, including my young children. Just constant study, study, study, study. The kids from primary school to college have homework in the summer. I mean really?

Kids need a break. Even students at Harvard, Cambridge, Chote and wherever get the summer off. I loved summer as a kid because I got a break from the bullshit. No studying, relaxing. Travel. As an American as a kid I went to the Geand Canyon, California, Grand Cayman Islands. My dad taught me how to fly a plane. I was with my friends in the summer enjoying ourselves and doing fuck all. These “privileged” Chinese kids don’t get this. It is all homework, homework, homework. Very repressive.

I would hate this shit if I were a Chinese parent. If I were a Chinese with kids, I want them to enjoy life sometime. Disney World as a little one. As older kids taking them to places to absorb the culture of our people, the Great Wall, Xi’an (Xi’an kicks ass by the way, best Chinese town ever) and even foreign trips to America, Thailand and Japan. Just more to learn about life than sitting in a classroom all the damn time.

I think of the Pink Floyd song “Teacher, leave these kids alone!” I agree with this at least two months out of the year. To risk my job teaching, English is not that important here. Not many jobs require English anyway and anyone with a workin knowledge of said language can use 翻译 to communicate with people.

I ask humbly President Xi to make July a children month where schools are closed and training schools closed and let parents and children enjoy themselves. Life is too short and I have seen this lately. If in America there was “homework” for holidays we would have killed the teachers and burned the school down. Enough is enough. I love my Chinese children and they deserve better!

Not to mention having to learn a language where it the written word requires study until high school of not college. We know ABC by the time we leave kindergarten and don’t have to invest a decade of study and bullshit to read a newspaper and write a grocery list. Not much can be done about this and I actually think the written language is pretty cool and I am honored to badly read and speak this ancient tounge.

I think the kids now will grow up and will demand and get profound change in their society. Positive change is what is needed here in many ways. The children are slaves. The poor kids to the factory, the middle class and wealthy kids to the desk. Again, life is short, why do we treat each other like this?

Point is there are just too many Chinese people, so if they want to have a secure future they need to study.. I guess most parents just see kids as a financial income when they are old... 

The day that they are born... The already participated the big rat race...

Since people are like sheeps here, they all copy the shit out of each other. The only thing what you can do, give them a pleasant time.  

On 7/30/2018 at 8:49 AM, Chappie said:

The day that they are born... The already participated the big rat race...

Since people are like sheeps here, they all copy the shit out of each other. The only thing what you can do, give them a pleasant time.  

What anout you?

12 hours ago, owlman said:

What anout you?

O so now u start to act like the typical Chinese who cant take any thing negative about the big China huh. 

10 hours ago, san5324 said:

O so now u start to act like the typical Chinese who cant take any thing negative about the big China huh. 

:sweat:You think too much, I dropped out  in the fourth degree in th university, now you happy?

4 hours ago, owlman said:

:sweat:You think too much, I dropped out  in the fourth degree in th university, now you happy?

That has nothing to do with anything...