Hangzhou Expat
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Zheng

Why do people eat watermelon?

Question

That’s the question.

i like to ask my students, name a food most people like that you hate? Mine is watermelon. Watermelon to me is just gross. I have tried to eat it and to me it just has this sickly, gross sweet grainy taste. If I were forced to eat a whole watermelon I would probably puke several times before getting it down.

The thing is, everyone else loves this disgusting fruit. Chinese, Americans everyone. I honestly don’t get the love. And no drilling a hole in this alien fruit and pouring a bottle of vodka in it doesn’t help. Still tastes like shit and you wasted a bottle of vodka (would say good vodka but there is no such thing, vodka is only for Russians, lonely housewives over 40 and degenerate alcoholics.

Boogie Boogie!

2 answers to this question

You won't be able to answer the question honestly. First, watermelon is used in a lot of places to hydrate quickly. I played football back home, oranges and watermelon. China in the 80's you need a prescription to get watermelon. You tell CHinese people that and they freak the F* out, but it's true. They  just can't see the documentary's we can because it's all blocked. It grew large because we did it in the west and it's a western melon. Don't believe the rest. 

Well,it is just a difference bettewn areas.The food people eat always depends on what they have and the climate .For example,peolpe lives in wet and cold places such as sichuan  always eat spicy food in order to keep warm.Watermelon is considered to have the ability to clear away summer- heat,and it is easy for chinese to plant.

if you can not  get used to the watermelon,just give it up.