Hangzhou Expat
Sign in to follow this  
kelly123

Any Problems Caused by the Tariff Conflict

4 hours ago, kelly123 said:

I travel to China every year to visit my wife's family and am curious if anyone has had any negative vibes from the locals about the tariff conflict?

No, of course not.  Unless you are bringing in a billion pounds of soybean or corn, why would you have any issues?

I'll tell you what issues you WILL have. Instead of the usual discontent you may get from benig American, mostly from Europe, now the Chinese are like "Ah, you have Trump, fighting with us on trade. Or "Trump is after China cause Americans are scared of China", just lots more CCTV bullshit. But at customs? It's a trade war involving 500 billion dollars worth of imported and exported goods. Not customs at the airport. 

1 hour ago, BluePasta said:

I'll tell you what issues you WILL have. Instead of the usual discontent you may get from benig American, mostly from Europe, now the Chinese are like "Ah, you have Trump, fighting with us on trade. Or "Trump is after China cause Americans are scared of China", just lots more CCTV bullshit. But at customs? It's a trade war involving 500 billion dollars worth of imported and exported goods. Not customs at the airport. 

Wish us dutchies would have a leader who put his own people in front of other people for a chance. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback.  It seems that in the past when there were conflicts between China and different countries some portion of the public there always seemed to have spontaneous public protests against the other country, (Japan and France for example),   It is good to hear that that hasn't happened in this case, at least not yet.  Hopefully it won't since I will be making my annual pilgrimage soon to visit my wife's family for a few months.

Thanks for the feedback.  It seems that in the past when there were conflicts between China and different countries some portion of the public there always seemed to have "spontaneous" public protests against the other country, (Japan and France for example),   It is good to hear that that hasn't happened in this case, at least not yet.  Hopefully it won't since I will be making my annual pilgrimage soon to visit my wife's family for a few months.