Hangzhou Expat
Sign in to follow this  
neruda_boy

Gong fu/wushu

Question

Hey guys, I'd like to learn some gong fu/wushu- does anyone know any good places to learn in HZ, and the rough cost? If there are any places where foreigners can learn other traditional Chinese arts then I'd be grateful for info about that, too. Cheers in advance, NB

6 answers to this question

Hey Meg, I'd be a complete beginner so I'm not sure about any differences

between styles of gong fu. Do you know of any contact details for courses?

As for the other arts, well, I'm open to suggestions but 'Tai qi' (attempt at

pinyin spelling) looks quite interesting and I'd definitely say calligraphy if I

didn't think it a good idea to 'learn to walk before I try to run!'

Haha, I don't know if "Taiji" can be consider as a kind of Gong fu... I just know where you can this coursessmileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley17.gif

Hey Meg, I'd be a complete beginner so I'm not sure about any differences

between styles of gong fu. Do you know of any contact details for courses?

As for the other arts, well, I'm open to suggestions but 'Tai qi' (attempt at

pinyin spelling) looks quite interesting and I'd definitely say calligraphy if I

didn't think it a good idea to 'learn to walk before I try to run!'

I'm currently taking a shaolin gung fu class Mon Wed Fri 7:30-9:30pm, with optional classes at 6am Saturdays and Sundays at the track at Zhejiang University of Technology. The cost is 300/month. The instructor speaks no English, but the class is wonderful and is easily the best work out I've ever had. His wife also teaches taiji. It is not a formal class, and there are only 4 of us at the beginner level. A fellow expat who has lived here 4 years introduced me to him, and I sadly do not have any contact information for our instructor. However, if you'd like to join/watch the class, we meet at the track on Chaowang Rd, on the south end nearest the road and high jump pit, or you could just contact me for more info.

I'm currently taking a shaolin gung fu class Mon Wed Fri 7:30-9:30pm, with optional classes at 6am Saturdays and Sundays at the track at Zhejiang University of Technology.